The Ulta Beauty Spring 2019 Gorgeous Hair Event will run from Sunday, May 12th through Saturday, June 1st. We see a Mother’s Day start each year, so this year is right on schedule. This semi-annual event takes place every spring starting in May and every fall usually starting in October. It is a 21-day event where hair products from mostly high-end brands get discounted up to 50% off for one day only. This twice a year Gorgeous Hair Event has steals for all things hair (shampoo, conditioner, styling, tools, and much more). There are also specials that run throughout the event. These steals and Hot Buys get highlighted in the catalog and the special event page. While some jumbo haircare makes this event, deals in the Jumbo Love Event are typically better.
I have one timeline where I list all major: deals, coupons, GWP, Sales, promotions, and Events. Those who want to see an overall idea of what to expect this year should stop by. See where the Spring 2019 Ulta Beauty Gorgeous Hair Event lines up with others on the calendar. You can also visit my Ulta retailer page to see active and upcoming offers of all types.
Ulta Beauty Spring 2019 Gorgeous Hair Event Details
Spring 2019 Ulta Gorgeous Hair Event Beauty Steals
Week 1 – May 12th through May 18th
Sunday, May 12th
- Redken Styling and Finishing -$5-$18 (50% off)
- Revlon One-Step XL Straightening Heated Brush -$24.99 (50% off)
- Hempz -Haircare (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Monday, May 13th
- Pureology Hydrate Sheer Shampoo and Conditioner– $14.75-$15.75 (50% off)
- Joico Select K-PAK Treatments & Masks -$10.50-$15 (50% off) *online only Partial Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Tuesday, May 14th
- Nioxin Select Treatments and Kits– $10.50-$31 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- PHYTO PHYTOPHANÈRE Dietary Supplement for Hair & Nails– $30 (50% off) *online only Partial Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Bosley Shampoo & Conditioner– $9.98-$24.98 (50% off) *online only
Wednesday, May 15th
- drybar Southern Belle Volume-Boosting Mousse -$13 (50% off)
- Discover Styling Select products from Aquage, Rusk, Conair, Keratin Complex, and Wet Brush -$7-$17.50 (50% off) *online only
- Nume Megastar Flat Iron in Black -$69.50 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, May 16th
- DevaCurl Deep Sea Repair Seaweed Strength Mask -$18 (50% off)
- Conair Infiniti Pro 2-in-1 Styler -$24.99 (50% off)
Friday, May 17th
- AG Hair Entire Brand -(50% off) Partial Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Croc LED Black Titanium Flat Iron -$49.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- The One by Frederic Fakkai Starter Kits -$14.50 (50% off) *online only Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Saturday, May 18th
- Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging (select products)- $17 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Hot Tools XL Gold Barrel 1 1/4” -$29.99 (50% off)
- The Salon at Ulta Beauty Hair Gloss Services -50% off
- CHI Nano Dryer -$79.99 (50% off) *online only
Week 2 – May 19th through May 25th
Sunday, May 19th
- Living Proof Select Styling -$7.50-$14.50 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Elchim 8th Sense Dryer -$125 (50% off)
- Brite -Entire brand (50% off) Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Monday, May 20th
- TIGI -Entire brand -50% off Partial Spring 2018 and Partial Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Pravana Masques & Treatments -$10-$11.50 (50% off) *online only
- Not Your Mother’s Naturals Line -$1.50-$4.50 (50% off) *online only
Tuesday, May 21st
- Klorane Dry Shampoos, and select Mango & Peony Collection -$9-$13 (50% off) Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat (but it only includes peonies in both spring events)
- T3 Convertible Barrels -$47.50-$50 (50% off) *online only
- Unwash -Entire brand (50% off) Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Wednesday, May 22nd
- Discover Men’s brands American Crew, Billy Jealousy, and Frederick Benjamin -Select Products (50% off) Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Sebastian Styling and Finishing -$3.50-$9.98 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Discover New Brands 18.21 Man Made, Uberliss, KYN, and Shimmer Lights -Select Products (50% off) *online only
Thursday, May 23rd
- Discover Texture Brands Select products from Shea Moisture, TGIN, and Design Essentials -$1.50-$10 (50% off)
- Bedhead Curlipops -$14.99 (50% off)
- Gold n’ Hot Professional Ionic Soft Bonnet Dryer -$24.99 (50% off) *online only
Friday, May 24th
- Discover Color Brands Madison Reed, dpHue, Keracolor, and Lime Crime -$8-$17.50 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 and Partial Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Hot Tools Amethyst Mid Size Dryer -$37.49 (50% off) *online only
- Scroll down for the Platinum and Diamond Exclusive
Saturday, May 25th
- Kenra Professional Select Styling -$8-$9.50 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Bio Ionic 10x Pro Styling Iron 1″ -$115 (50% off)
- Wella -Entire Brand -50% off *online only
Week 3 – May 26th through June 1st
Sunday, May 26th
- Chi Select Styling and Treatments -$8-$24.75 (50% off) Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Chi for Ulta Beauty Ceramic 1″ Flat Irons Pink or Red -$49.97 (50% off)
- Scroll down for the Platinum Perk
Monday, May 27th
- Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Nutrient Tablets -$20 (50% off)
- pura d’or -Entire brand (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Grow Gorgeous Hair Density Serum -$17.50-$25 (50% off) *online only
Tuesday, May 28th
- It’s a Ten Select Miracle Products -$9.49-$18.99 (50% off)
- GHD Classic 1″ Purple Styler -$74.50 (50% off) *online only
Wednesday, May 29th
- Mizani 25 Miracle Milk & 25 Miracle Oil -$10 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 and Partial Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Macadamia Professional Masque -$18 (50% off) Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Discover Brands Select products from Curlsmith, Neuma, Biosilk, and So Cozy -$4.99-$18 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, May 30th
- Ouidad Select Advanced Climate Gels -$13 (50% off)
- Instyler Airless Blowout Revolving Styler -$62.50 (50% off) Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Friday, May 31st
- Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Powder & Play Powders -$8.48-$8.98 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Hot Tools 1″ Silicone Hot Brush -$24.99 (50% off) Partial Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- L’ange Ondulé Curling Wand -$39.50-$44.50 (50% off) *online only Partial Fall 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Saturday, June 1st
- Matrix Styling Products -$3-$11.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Eva NYC Spectrum Far-Infrared Styling Iron & Far-Infrared Dryer -$49.99 (50% off) Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Eva NYC Haircare -50% off *online only Partial Spring 2018 Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Ulta Spring 2019 Gorgeous Hair Event Diamond and Platinum Perks
Diamond and Platinum members get free shipping with a $10 steal.
Sunday, May 26th- Pureology Select Masks & Treatments -$13.50-$22.50 (50% off) *online only
Ulta Spring 2019 Gorgeous Hair Event Hot Buys
It looks like some of the event Hoy Buys run for a week at a time. There is no official Hot Buy Section for this one. I found these in the paper catalog. Some items in the catalog are not really tied to this event, and I already have them in the regular Hot Buy article.
May 26th- June 1st- Conair InfinitiPro By Conair BabyBlast Compact Dryer -$20.99 (regularly $34.99), and Bed Head Curlipop Curly Wands -$24.99 (regularly $29.99). *The Curlipops are only $14.99 as a steal of the main event on May 23rd, so try to purchase them that day instead.
Ulta Spring 2019 Gorgeous Hair Event Try Me Kits
There are two new kits for this event. They are $9.99 each. Each has 5 deluxe samples, so they are $2 per sample.
- Living proof PhD dry shampoo (1.8 oz)
- Rusk Restart04 Dry Shampoo (1.3 oz)
- Kenra Volume Dry Shampoo (1.2 oz)
- Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk for All Hair Types (1.0 oz)
- The One By Frederic Fekkai One More Day Dry Shampoo (0.35 oz)
- it’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In For Blondes (2.0 oz)
- Redken One United Multi Benefit Treatment (1.0 oz)
- Joico K-Pak Color Therapy Luster Lock (1.7 oz)
- Matrix Total Results Keep Me Vivid Shampoo (1.7 oz)
- Matrix Total Results Keep Me Vivid Conditioner (1.7 oz)
Ulta Spring 2019 Gorgeous Hair Event Event GWP Offers
There are gifts tied to this specific event. Most are tied to specific brands.
Choose from 3 free 6-piece Hairare Sampler with a $40 hair purchase. Valid 05/30/19 only!
- Rusk Pro Finish 04 Firm Hold Hairspray (1.5 oz)
- System Professional Silver Shampoo (1.7 oz)
- System Professional Smoothen Mask (1.0 oz)
- System Professional Volumize Mask (1.0 oz)
- Joico Defy Damage Protective Masque (1.7 oz)
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day In-Shower Styler (1.0 oz)
- Living Proof Color Care Shampoo (1.0 oz)
- Living Proof Color Care Conditioner (1.0 oz)
- Wella Brilliance Vibrant Color Mask (1.0 oz)
- Madison Reed Color Protecting Shampoo (1.0 oz)
- Madison Reed Color Protecting Conditioner (1.0 oz)
- Keracolor Keracolors Violet Toning Drops (2.0 oz)
- Sebastian Reset Anti-Residue Clarifying Shampoo (1.7 oz)
- Sebastian Preset Texture Building Conditioner (1.7 oz)
- Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo (0.35 oz)
- Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Restructuring Bond Repair Leave-In Heat Protection Spray (0.85 oz)
- Matrix Biolage Styling Airdry Glowtion (1.0 oz)
- Klorane Sun Radiance Protective Oil (0.3 oz)
Other Special Offers for the Ulta Spring 2019 Gorgeous Hair Event
The liter sale will return in December, and I recommend waiting until then to restock on large shampoos and conditioners. If your favorite does not come in liter size or you need more before the event, there are some specials during this event.
This is a staple of the event. Buy two styling or finishing products from any of the included items and get a third free. You can mix and match over 15 brands with this promotion.
Step 1 prep & protect
Step 3 finish strong
cleanse and condition (as low as 2 for $10)
Get a discount when you purchase regular size shampoo and conditioner pairs. These are pairs that work better together.
Redken 2 for $24
Matrix Biolage 2 for $24
Paul Mitchell 2 for $24
Matrix Total Results 2 for $20
TIGI 2 for $20
AG 2 for $24
Nioxin 2 for $24
Joico 2 for $20
HEMPZ 2 for $22
Nexxus 2 for $22
HASK 2 for $10
Sun Bum 2 for $22
Get $10 Conditioning Hair Treatments with any service.
Save on Hair Tools
A Number of tools are on sale during this event, so it is a good time to see if the one you’ve been wanting made the cut.
Reviews of Steals I’ve Tried
Joico K-PAK Intense Hydrator – This is pretty moisturizing for my hair, especially given that it is not as thick as a traditional hair mask. My hair is softer and less frizzy when I use this, but it does not detangle as much as heavier masks do. pH 4.5
Nioxin Scalp & Hair Treatment fine hair 4 – I do not have thinning hair, so that is not what I use this for. As such, I cannot review it that way. The product does make my fine hair appear more full, but I am unsure it does anything to regrow hair, at least on me. My scalp gets itchy and flaky whenever I do not use a special scalp treatment. This keeps the itching and flaking completely at bay and has some SPF, which I always enjoy in a scalp treatment. If I had to name one negative on this product, it is not matter how much I work it in my roots are always a little crunchy after my hair dries. It is not a deal breaker, but I have to comb through it again once it dries to get the crunchiness to go away. No other scalp treatment leaves me with crunchy hair, so I do not have to comb my hair after it dries with anything else. pH 5.5
The Wet Brush is the best way to “comb” my hair. My favorite thing about them, other than the very affordable price, is they do not pull my wet hair too hard. Almost every other brush (including some more expensive ones I’ve tried) have pulled my hair so much that even when I hold my hair near the roots while brushing I feel pain. I love how easily this brush works through tangles (when combined with a nice detangler). They also do not scratch my head as many detangling combs and brushes do. The round bristles are gentle on my scalp. When I brush wet hair with a regular brush, my hair always looks more frizzy than it does when I use this brush. That leads me to believe that this brush is great at reducing frizz in my fine, wavy hair. This also seems to cause less breakage than other brushes so I have less baby hairs and fly-aways than I used to before I discovered this. On dry hair, this brush is nothing extraordinarily special. It brushes dry hair no better or worse than a standard brush. Then again, the name is Wet Brush for a reason. That is where the magic lies.
Alterna Haircare Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner– There was some frizz reduction and my hair did look clean. It did not seem special enough to justify the price tag though.
I have yet to try a Living proof product I don’t like, but I want to focus on my favorite from this group. The Living proof.® STYLE|LAB® Prime Style Extender is revolutionary. It has transformed my hair. My hair used to get oily by the evening when I washed it that morning. With low porosity hair, I have trouble getting products to absorb. This results in dry hair with an oily scalp that tries to overcompensate for it. Even when I forget to apply this (adding a new step to our routine is not always easy to remember each time), my hair can go multiple days without looking oily. It just looks and feels more clean even on second or third day hair. Before this, I never dreamt of going three days between washes. Though I typically opt for two, I can push it to three.
Kenra Professional Platinum Blow-Dry Spray – I’ve tried this but not enough times to offer a real opinion. It does not help that I do not blow dry my hair often. It does seem to work better than nothing at all, but I am unsure hot it really compares to similar products. There was a time where I sprayed a little too close to my head and felt that it did not disperse well. That made it look greasy, but it was user error.
Wella Elements Renewing Shampoo – I always knew I had dry, frizzy hair, but I had never really found a regular shampoo that combatted either problem really well. That caused me to rely on external products and still not get the results I desired. When I used this, my hair looked silky. It looked hydrated and nearly frizz-free. As soon as I finished this and started using my next product, my dryness and frizz returned. It is products like these that make me want to throw out everything else I’ve bought and keep using this. Alas, I spent good money on the other products and enjoy trying and reviewing new things. This will make a return to my product line-up once I’ve used up some items in my stash. pH 4.5
Wella Elements Lightweight Renewing Conditioner – I did not love this as much as I like the shampoo, because I typically prefer a thicker conditioner to soften and detangle. Though my hair is fine, I have a lot of it. There are times when I want more volume in my hair though. Whenever I used this, I noticed I did not need any assistance with volumizing my hair. It really complimented the shampoo, too. They both have a lovely scent that is not overbearing at all. Hair smells clean without smelling overly perfumed. pH 4.5
Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment – I do like this, but I am not sure I like it enough to purchase it again. If I did, it would be when it gets discounted to $10. The main of the 25 benefits I want is detangling. While it does detangle, it does not detangle as well as some of the other products I’ve tried. This is lightweight though so it does weigh hair down less than some other detanglers. It is hard to say how well it moisturizes, because my hair does not feel any softer when I use this than when I use another one. Then again, I ALWAYS use a detangler so it has been a long time since I’ve felt my hair without one.
Macadamia Professional Ultra Rich Moisture Masque – This is a nice mask when I am wearing my hair curly. It adds a lot of moisture, so it reduces my frizz and makes my hair soft. When I apply this near my scalp and wear my hair wavy, it makes my hair look greasy. That happens no matter how long I spend rinsing it out, because the oil in this product just bonds with the hair. I can use it when I wear my hair wavy as long as I only apply it from mid shaft to tips. If I am wearing my hair curly, I will apply this to my roots, because the oily look blends in with the curl cream to look like I did it on purpose.
Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Masque – This is my all-time favorite mask, which is why it is a FabuFind. My hair is instantly softer, less frizzy, shinier, more manageable, and moisturized every time I use this. Even after a subsequent wash, my hair still looks better than it did the day before I use this mask.
Ouidad Climate Control – I love that I can comb through my hair once it dries without getting caught on anything. Part of the reason I avoid styling products is how much the brush sticks in my dry hair when I try to brush it out. My hair tangles a lot on its own. It does not need help from anything to make it hard to comb through. This definitely reduces frizz, too. When I want to wear my hair wavy and soft, I will grab this. The product impressed me before, but I forgot how much I liked this. So glad this challenge is getting me to try products I forgot about.
Tips for the Spring 2019 Ulta Gorgeous Hair Event
Tips for the sale. I highly recommend studying the online brochure, because it lists all products (including items added after the catalog printed and items that are available online only). UltaMate members should also get a physical copy in the mail (that includes items for sale in-store and online). It is a good idea to plan your purchases ahead of time so you are ready to strike the moment the deal releases. Ulta runs on Central time so daily steals are available right at 10pm PST. That usually means steals from the previous day disappear right at 10pm PST. If you’re up past 10pm PST, that is the best time to order (unless you’re waiting to see if a Beauty Break or new gift releases in the morning). While the deals have run a little over, Ulta usually cut them off right on time. The best deals are usually gone when you wake up in the morning from people who started shopping right as the day switched over, so plan strategically. Waiting for the Beauty Break announcement with the more popular steals may backfire.
Rules for the Spring 2019 Ulta Gorgeous Hair Event
Rules for the sale. Ulta says each person can only purchase four of each steal. Placing multiple online orders (if the system prevents you from adding more than two of one item in a single order) or picking up in person usually gets around the limit. Although I’ve only ever received two at a time, I’ve seen people purchasing more than the maximum in store. Some stores may hold customers to the limit, but my store clearly does not. The most important rule is steals are 24 hours only and while supplies last. If they sell out in 10 minutes, that is it. You will not get a rain check and can only hope the deal you missed will repeat in the next event. Many deals repeat but plenty do not.
What are your thoughts on this 2019 Ulta Beauty Gorgeous Hair Event review? Let me know below. Targeted Offers are exclusive to UltaMate Rewards Members, so I do recommend joining. Whenever there is an exclusive or unique Ulta Beauty offer, I will note that above. An advanced breakdown on Earning and Redeeming Points can help you maximize the UltaMate Rewards Program. Coupons are almost always available. I go over all types of Ulta coupons and track 20% off prestige coupons. Remember to check my Ulta Deals page before placing an online order for possible exclusives and advice. There are always general and brand specific offers I do not list, so check the GWP section of the Ulta site as well. Ulta encourages deal stacking. Most major events run on a schedule, and I track each one. Read Tips For Getting the Best Deal at Ulta. See all Ulta articles. Subscribe to the blog to get updates on all posts. View my main page for the guide map to the site and deeper deal exploration.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links