See the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Spring 2020 article.
The Ulta Beauty Spring 2019 21 Days of Beauty will run from March 17th through April 6th. Twice a year, usually starting in March and September, Ulta has a 21-day sale where select brands or items get discounted up to 50% off for one day only. Every day during the semi-annual event we get at least two beauty steals. There are also Hot Buys that run throughout the entire event. Most events also release Beauty Samplers, Try Me Kits. Spring tends to get the better steals. These deals come from the upcoming catalog, and the online link from the special event page. Deals listed in the printed catalog are in-store and online. All online exclusive deals are only listed online. All Steals in the Spring 2019 21 Days of Beauty ship free for Platinum and Diamond members. They ship free with a $50 purchase for UltaMate members.
I have one timeline where I list all major: deals, coupons, GWP, Sales, promotions, and Events. Those who want to see an overall idea of what to expect this year should stop by. See where the Spring 2019 Ulta 21 Days of Beauty line up with others on the calendar. You can also visit my Ulta retailer page to see active and upcoming offers of all types.
All deals are available in-store and online unless they are marked *online only.
Spring 2019 Ulta 21 Days of Beauty (Beauty Steal Calendar)
Sunday, March 17th
- 0.24oz tarte Light, Camera, Lashes Mascara -$11 (regularly $23) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 0.19oz Lancome Cils Booster XL Vitamin Infused-Mascara Primer -$13 (50% off) *Ulta lists this as 0.14, but I own it and know it is 0.19oz. Fall 2018 Repeat
- 6-week supply Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 -$38.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 and Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Collection -$19-$49.50 (50% off) *online only
- Scroll down for the Platinum Perk
Monday, March 18th
- 0.7oz Dose of Colors Desi x Katy Eyeshadow Palette Friendcation -$27.50 (50% off) *This was not in a major event but it did get 50% off toward the end of last year.
- 4oz Teami Detox Mask Green Tea Blend -$15 (50% off) Fall 2018 and Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- 0.69oz Smashbox The Cali Contour Palette -$19.50 *online only
- 6.75oz Murad Anti-Aging Acne Time Release Acne Cleanser -$19.50 (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 Repeat
Tuesday, March 19th
- 3.4oz Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub -$13 (50% off)
- 0.3oz bareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder -$12 (50% off) Fall 2018 Repeat
- 0.3oz bareMinerals bareSkin Perfecting Veil -$13.50 (50% off) Fall 2018 Repeat
- 0.49oz skyn ICELAND Icelandic Relief Eye Cream with Glacial Flower Extract -$22.50 (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 Repeat
- 1oz DERMABLEND Flawless Creator Multi-Use Liquid Foundation Drops -$20 (50% off) *online only
- 0.67oz Lancome Dual Finish Multi-Tasking Powder Foundation -$28 (regularly $40). *This steal was emailed on the 19th and only valid 2 hours into the 20th.
Wednesday, March 20th
- 1.6oz Proactiv Adapalene Gel 0.1% Acne Treatment -$18 (50% off)
- 6oz Proactiv Skin Smoothing Exfoliatior -$20 (regularly $48) *The ad lists this as $40, but it is listed as $48 online. This was likely a recent price hike, so stock up if you like this product. Fall 2018 Repeat
- 0.17oz MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot (Painterly and Soft Acre only) -$11 (50% off)
- 0.14oz Sugarpill Lipstick -$9 (50% off) *online only
- 0.5oz Sara Happ The Lip Slip One Luxe Gloss Clear -$10 (50% off) *online only
- flesh All Lip -$9-$12 (50% off) *online only
- Eyeko Eyeliners -$11 (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 Repeat
Thursday, March 21st
- 1oz Becca Backlight Priming Filter -$19 (regularly $39) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 1oz Becca First Light Priming Filter -$19 (regularly $39) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 1.35oz Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector -$19 (regularly $39) Fall 2018 Repeat
- Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush Head -$19.50 (50% off) Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- Clarisonic Sonic Awakening Eye Massager -$29.50 (50% off)
- Clarisonic Firming Massage Head -$29.50 (50% off)
- 1.7oz juice BEAUTY STEM CELLULAR Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Cream -$37.50 (50% off) *online only
- 2.7oz St. Tropez Self Tan Purity Bronzing Water Face Mist -$15 (50% off) *online only
- 1oz IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Lines Foundation -$19 (50% off). *This steal was emailed on the 21st and only valid 2 hours into the 22nd.
Friday, March 22nd
- 0.54oz Too Faced Chocolate Gold Metallic/Matte Eyeshadow Palette -$24.50 (50% off)
- 0.33oz Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primers (excludes travel sizes) -$12 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 5oz PETERTHOMASROTH Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask -$29 (50% off)
- 1.7oz PETERTHOMASROTH Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Moisturizer -$29 (50% off)
- 0.5oz dr. brandt Needles No More Expression Line Smoother -$44.50 (50% off) *online only
Saturday, March 23rd
- 0.003oz Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil -$10.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 1.3oz philosophy Time in a Bottle 100% In-Control Resist Renew Repair Serum -$38 (50% off) Fall 2018 and Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- 0.5oz philosophy Time in a Bottle for Eyes 100% In-Control -$37.50 (50% off)
- Clinique High Impact Favorites Kit -$12.50 (50% off)
- Free Benefit Brow Wax with a $50 Benefit Cosmetics product or service purchase. Certificate emailed within 72 hours for online orders. Must be performed the day of the purchase for in-store purchases. Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Repeat
- 1.7oz dermalogica Clear Start Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask -$10.50 (50% off) *online only
Sunday, March 24th
- 0.31oz It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Anti-Aging Finishing Powder -$14.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- IT Brushes for Ulta Love Beauty Fully Flawless Powder Brush #202 -$18 (50% off)
- IT Brushes for Ulta Love Beauty Fully Complexion Powder Brush #225 -$18 (50% off)
- 6.75oz Murad Acne Control Clarifying Cleanser -$15 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 1.7oz Murad Acne Control Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 / PA++ -$20 (50% off)
- 1.18oz tarte Tarteist PRO Glow & Blush Palette -$22.50 (50% off) *online only
- 0.7oz tarte Tarteist PRO REMIX Amazonian Clay Palette -$24.50 (50% off) *online only
Monday, March 25th
- 4 pairs skyn Iceland Travel Size Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels -$7.50 (50% off) Fall 2018 and Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- 8 pairs skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels -$15 (50% off) Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- 0.8oz Lancome La Base Pro Oil Free Primer -$21 (50% off)
- 0.12oz bareMinerals Statement Luxe Shine Lipstick or Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick -$10 (50% off) *online only
- Scroll down for the Platinum Perk
Tuesday, March 26th
- 0.42oz Ofra Nikki Tutorials Highlighting Trio -$14.50 (50% off)
- 120 count SeroVital-hgh Dietary Supplement -$49.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Repeat
- Butter London All Lip -$9-$11 (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Repeat (on the Lip Glazes)
- 1.7oz Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum -$47.50 (50% off) *online only
- Smashbox Ablaze products -50% off. *This steal was emailed on the 26th and only valid 2 hours into the 27th.
Wednesday, March 27th
- 1oz Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer -$21 (50% off)
- 0.28oz PÜR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 15 -$14.75 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 0.26oz persona Cali Glow Highlighter -$12 (50% off) *online only
- 0.088oz Nudestix All Lip -$13 (50% off) *online only
- 0.5oz Beauty Bakerie HD Flour Setting Powder -$12 (50% off) *online only
- 5.1oz Kopari Coconut Rose Toner -$12 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, March 28th
- 0.14oz BUXOM Full-On Lip Cream -$10 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 30 count DERMAdoctor Kakadu C Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pad with Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E -$39 (50% off) Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- 2oz philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar -$19.50 (50% off) *online only
- 0.04oz Clinique Quickliner For Eyes Intense -$9 (50% off) *online only
- 0.14oz Lime Crime Diamond Dew Liquid Eyeshadow and Diamond Crusher Lip Topper -$10 (50% off). *This steal was emailed on the 28th and only valid 2 hours into the 29th.
Friday, March 29th
- 0.636oz tarte Tartelette Toasted Eyeshadow Palette -$19.50 (50% off) *This was not in a major event but it did get 50% off toward the end of last year.
- 1oz juice BEAUTY STEM CELLULAR Anti-Wrinkle Booster Serum -$40 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 0.14oz Cover Fx Shimmer Veil -$14 (50% off) *online only
- 0.56oz Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Loose Setting Powder -$16.50 (50% off) *online only
- 4.7oz Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam -$20 (50% off) *online only
- Velour Lashes -$13 (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Repeat
Saturday, March 30th
- 0.016oz stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner -$11 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 1oz Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (Plastic Bottle) -$8.50 (50% off)
- 1oz Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (Glass Bottle) -$8.50 (50% off)
- 1oz DERMABLEND Loose Setting Powder -$13.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 0.63oz DERMABLEND Illuminating Banana Powder -$13.50 (50% off)
- 0.12oz Lipstick Queen Select Shade Shifters Lipstick -$12.50 (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 Repeat (for Frog Prince)
Sunday, March 31st
- 0.05oz Urban Decay Cosmetics Eyeshadow -$10 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 0.05oz Urban Decay Cosmetics Moondust Eyeshadow -$11 (50% off)
- 0.005oz Sugar Rush Preppy Precision Liner -$7 (regularly $15)
- Origins Travel & Trial Kit -$14.75 (50% off)
- Exuviance Age Reverse Introductory Kit -$40 (50% off) *online only
Monday, April 1st
- Laura Geller Spackle Primers -$11.50-$16 (50% off)
- Perricone MD Cold Plasma Products -$42.50-$79.50 (50% off) Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Repeat
- Too Cool for School, Touch in Sol, and IPKN Select Products -$6-$14.50 (50% off) *online only
- Scroll Down for the Platinum Perk
Tuesday, April 2nd
- 0.564oz Lime Crime Venus Eyeshadow Palettes -$19 (50% off) Fall 2018 Repeat
- 28-count First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads -$8 (50% off)
- 60-count First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads -$16 (50% off)
- 1oz Estee Lauder DayWear Crème -$17 (50% off) *online only Fall 2018 Repeat
- 1oz DERMAdoctor Kakadu C High Potency Evening Oil -$37 (50% off) *online only Fall 2018 Repeat
- 0.09oz Buxom Big and Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick -$11 (50% off) *This steal was emailed on the 2nd and only valid 2 hours into the 3rd.
- 0.19oz Lipstick Queen Reign and Shine and Altered Universe Lip Gloss -$10-$11 (50% off) *This steal was emailed on the 2nd and only valid 2 hours into the 3rd.
Wednesday, April 3rd
- 0.35oz Cover Fx Perfect Setting Powder -$17.50 (50% off) Fall 2018 Repeat
- 2oz philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker SPF 30 -$37.50 (50% off)
- boscia Botanical Bestie’s -$22.50 (50% off) *online only
- 2oz The Better Skin Co Better Skin Mirakle Cream -$17 (50% off) *online only
- 2oz The Better Skin Co Better Skin Lava Magik -$16 (50% off) *online only
- 8.45oz Mamonde Rose Water Toner -$11.50 (50% off) *online only
- 1oz Meaningful Beauty Creme de Serum -$37.50 (50% off) *online only Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat
- 1.7oz TULA Hydrating Day & Night Cream -$26 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, April 4th
- 0.2oz tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint -$10 (50% off) Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Repeat
- 0.2oz tarte Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint -$10 (50% off) Spring 2018 Repeat
- 0.5oz Exuviance Age Reverse Eye Contour -$39.50 Fall 2018 and Love Your Skin 2019 Repeat (but those events included more products from this line)
- 0.3oz Buxom Palettes -$20 (50% off) *online only
- Too Faced One Hot Mama Set -$17.50 (50% off) *This steal was emailed on the 4th and only valid 2 hours into the 5th.
Friday, April 5th
- Too Faced Bronzers -$15 (50% off)
- 1oz Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum -$22.50 (50% off)
- 1oz MAC Prep + Prime Skin -$15.50 (50% off)
- 1oz StriVectin WRINKLE Recode Line Transforming Melting Serum -$44.50 (50% off) *online only
Saturday, April 6th
- 0.3oz IT Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara -$12 (50% off)
- 1.7oz Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery Broad Spectrum SPF 50 -$36.50 (50% off)
- 0.1oz Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel -$12 (50% off)
- Free Benefit Brow Wax with a $50 Benefit Cosmetics product or service purchase. Certificate emailed within 72 hours for online orders. Must be performed the day of the purchase for in-store purchases. Spring 2018 and Fall 2018 Repeat
- 0.32oz LORAC Pro Palette 3 -$22 (50% off) *online only Spring 2018 Repeat (was a Platinum Perk)
Platinum and/or Diamond Perks
All Platinum Perks are Online Only!
- All Steals Ship for free throughout the event (steals only; does not apply to Ulta Beauty Collection or Hot Buys)
- 03/17- 0.75oz Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer & Pearl Primer -$16 (50% off)
- 03/25- Mac Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix + Scents -$13.50 (50% off) *The original scent was in the Spring 2018 event, but I am not counting it as a repeat since you can only get scented ones in this promotion.
- 04/01- 1.7oz Clinique Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Repleishing Hydrator -$9.50 (50% off) Fall 2018 Repeat (but it was a smaller size)
- 04/01- 0.37oz IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream -$16 (50% off) *This steal was emailed on the day of the event.
- 04/01- 2oz IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Skin Relief Treatment Moisturizer -$24 (50% off) *This steal was emailed on the day of the event.
Ulta Beauty Collection (Spring 2019 21 Days of Beauty Steal Calendar)
Free Shipping with any Steal for Platinum and Diamond Members does not apply to Ulta Beauty Collection Steals. You can add these to a main steal to get free shipping though.
0.5oz Ulta Beauty Collection Jelly Gloss Lip Gels -$4 (regularly $9)
0.067oz Ulta Beauty Collection Eyeshadow Single -$4 (regularly $8.50)
0.08oz Ulta Beauty Collection Liquid Concealers -$4 (regularly $9)
Ulta Beauty Collection Soaps and Smoothies -$3-$8 (50% off)
Ulta Beauty Collection Eye, Lip & Face Primers -$7 (regularly $8-$18)
Ulta Beauty Collection Foundations -$7 (50% off)
Ulta Beauty Collection Makeup Brushes -$7 (regularly $10-$20)
Ulta Beauty Collection Everyday Bath -$4.25-$6 (50% off)
Ulta Beauty Collection Mascaras -$5 (regularly $10.50)
0.003oz Ulta Beauty Collection Ultra Slim Brow Pencil -$5 (50% off)
Ulta Beauty Collection Bronzers & Illuminators -$5 (50% off)
Ulta Beauty Collection Body Smarts -$2.50-$9.25 (50% off)
Repeats for the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Spring 2019
There are 42 steals in this event that were steals in major events in the past year. That is more than average, so we are getting less new products to try for this event. I did not include repeats from deals outside of major events or steals from over a year ago in those numbers either. This is great for those who stock up on their favorites during this event and not so great for those looking to discover new things.
Most Hot Buys are 40% or 30% off. Rare ones get other percentages, like 25% or 50% off. Steals from the past often occur here, and items here at times get promoted to steals for 50% off in the next event. Hot Buys run throughout the event while supplies last. While it is possible stock may replenish before the sale is over, it does not happen often. If you want a Hot Buy, it is always best to purchase it early in the event.
0.21oz Too Faced Tutti Frutti Twinkle Twinkle Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow -$13 (regularly $22)
1oz Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation -$26 (regularly $44)
0.11oz Anastasia Beverly Hills Blush Trios -$18 (regularly $30)
0.12oz Lipstick Queen Nothing But the Nudes -$14 (regularly $24)
Pur Mascaras -40% off (regularly $20-$22)
0.24oz bareMinerals Invisible Glow Powder Highlighter -$19 (regularly $28)
0.24oz bareMinerals Invisible Bronze Powder Bronzer -$19 (regularly $28)
0.16oz Laura Geller Baked Blush-n-Brighten -$16 (regularly $28)
1.7oz tarte Maracuja Oil -$28 (regularly $48)
IT Cosmetics Select Powders -50% off (regularly $35-$36)
0.41oz Smashbox Photo Finish 24-Hour Shadow Primer -$12 (regularly $21)
Butter London Mascaras -$12 (regularly $20)
0.16oz Julep Cushion Complexion 5-in-1 Skin Perfector with Turmeric -$15 (50% off)
0.04oz Julep Perk It Under-Eye Treatment Brightener -$13 (50% off)
0.51oz Cover Fx Glitter Drops -$21 (50% off)
0.5oz Cover Fx Custom Enhancer Drops -$22 (50% off)
0.11oz DOSE OF COLORS Lip It Up Satin Lipstick -$10 (regularly $17)
0.32oz LORAC Pro Palette -$26 (regularly $44)
0.16oz flesh Firm Flesh Thickstick Foundation -$12 (regularly $18)
0.13oz flesh Touch Flesh Highlighting Balm -$12 (regularly $18)
0.29oz juice BEAUTY PHYTO-PIGMENTS Flash Luminizer -$16 (50% off)
beautyblender Beautyblender Micro.Mini -$9 (50% off) *online only
0.2oz persona Season One Matte Liquid Lipstick -30% off (regularly $16) *online only
0.35oz Ofra Cometics Island Time Blush -$20 (regularly $29) *online only
0.25oz AMAZING COSMETICS Illuminate Eye Primer -40% off (regularly $24) *online only
0.28oz Perricone MD No Mascara Mascara -$21 (regularly $30) *online only
3.4oz DERMABLEND Makeup Dissolver Face & Body Powerful Makeup Remover -40% off (regularly $24) *online only
2.8oz boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask -30% off (regularly $34)
SHISEIDO Essential Energy Collection -30% off (regularly $42-$48)
Exuviance Select Products -30% off (regularly $74-$79)
2.5oz Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift Advanced Wrinkle Treatment -30% off (regularly $95)
1.6oz ELEMIS Superfood Day Cream -30% off (regularly $45)
5.92oz Mamonde Petal Spa Oil to Foam Cleanser -30% off (regularly $21)
1.7oz MEANINGFUL BEAUTY Intensive Triple Exfoliating Treatment -40% off (regularly $52)
2oz dr. brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant -30% off (regularly $79)
Perricone MD Essential Fx Acyl-Glutathione Collection -40% off (regularly $98-$179)
2oz StriVectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate For Wrinkles & Stretch Marks -40% off (regularly $79)
Lancome Advanced Génifique Hydrogel Melting Sheet Mask -Buy 2, Get 1 free (regularly $15 each)
patchology Entire Brand -30% off (regularly $5-$90)
4oz proactiv Renewing Cleanser -30% off (regularly $25)
skyn ICELAND Face-Lift-In-A-Bag -$19.50 (regularly $25)
1oz FIRST AID BEAUTY Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum -30% off (regularly $36)
StriVectin Power Starters Tighten & Lift Trio -40% off (regularly $89)
PETERTHOMASROTH Get Drenched Kit -30% off (regularly $52)
Hot Buys (April 6th Only)
Mario Badescu (entire brand) -25% off
Clinique Eye Favourites Set -$9.75 (50% off)
Clinique High Impact Favorites Kit -$12.50 (50% off) *This kit was also a steal on March 23rd.
bareMinerals Lipstick and Liquid Lip Color (select shades) -$11.50-$12 (50% off)
This is usually Buy Three, Get One free, so this Buy Two, Get One free offer is an improvement from past events.
While new items at Ulta are always popping up, a new section to the 21 Days of Beauty appeared for the first time in the Spring 2019 event. The New Factor is to find hundreds of new favorites arriving throughout the event. At 219 items, this is a pared down version of the New Arrivals section, which has a whopping 1372 products.
It makes me wonder two things. Why can’t the new arrival section always be easier to sort through? Who shops full-price items during the event? I guess those without free shipping could add some new full-price items to their order to get over the free shipping minimum. Otherwise, people should wait for the next 20% off prestige coupon, which almost always releases shortly after the 21 Days of Beauty end in the Spring.
Beauty Samplers/Try Me Kits
The Glow Up Kit released after the sale started. It retails for $20 and estimates a $99 value.
- NARS Blush in Orgasm (peachy pink w/ golden shimmer) (0.12 oz)
- Laura Geller Dewdreamer Illuminating Drops in Gilded Honey (effervescent caramel honey) (0.5 oz)
- BECCA First Light Priming Filter (0.5 oz)
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray (0.5 oz)
- LORAC Light Source 3-in-1 Illuminating Primer in Dusk (bronze shimmer) (0.33 oz)
- Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil (0.14 oz)
* I own every item in this set. Of the ones I’ve tried (NARS, Becca, and Urban Decay), I love all of them.
If any general offers get released through the event, I will list them here. They always get listed in the annual tracking article. There are always brand specific gifts with purchase, so I would look in the Gift With Purchase Section before checking out.
Reviews of Steals I’ve Tried from the Spring 2019 21 Days of Beauty
Lancome CILS Booster XL Vitamin-Infused Mascara Primer – When I have time to sit and do my makeup, I really love this primer. More often than not, I am in a hurry and this is just an extra, unnecessary step. Getting a sample (or even a full size) in a set is too easy, so I could not see myself buying one, even at 50% off. For those who do want to try this, it does pair well with almost every mascara. It helps amplify whatever the mascara should do, and I always notice this improves any mascara I pair it with. The only caveat is it goes on white. I wish it went on white.
Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Brightening Amine Face Lift – I have an article dedicated to this product. My skin looks brighter and has a more even tone. It did not do much to lighten my sun spot, but nothing really seems to anymore. The brightening effect this provides is immediate. Your skin immediately glows every time you put it on. This is very hydrating. Skin also looks less texturized after continued use, so it definitely smooths. The smooth appearance took well over a month to notice. I did not notice much improvement with firmness, but I am probably a few years away from being able to provide a better review on that front. For those who want to see if this firms, I would filter the reviewers and read what those over 40 think.
bareminerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder – This really is a lightweight, nice setting powder. I get into a rut and rarely grab this. People with oily skin might want something heavier, but this is great for dry to normal skin.
MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot – I enjoy the paint pot in painterly, and I also own one in black. They provide a nice base for eyeshadow. They help eyeshadow stick to your eyes and make the colors look more vibrant than applying without primer. As I’ve gotten older, my eyeshadows crease more than they used to. This is partly due to naturally hooded eyes and oily eyelids, but I find this does not hold up as well anymore. That said, a loose dust of setting powder allows me to keep using these.
Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector – I have dry skin, so this primer does not play well with my skin. If you have oily skin, push this into the skin, do not rub. It will ball up and fall off. Those with dry skin do not need and will probably not enjoy this primer. I cannot speak for its oil reducing properties, because my skin does not really get oily.
Too Faced Chocolate Gold Metallic/Matte Eyeshadow Palette – I love this palette and am surprised to see it at 50% off given how great it is and that it is only a little over a year old. Since I have a dedicated review for this palette, I am linking that. If it had one more matte medium brown shade, it would have been perfect.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primers – While they are not my favorite eyeshadow primers (NARS and LORAC are), I have liked every Urban Decay primer I’ve tried. The anti-aging is probably my favorite. I seem to get the least amount of creasing with that. When I wait a couple of minutes between applying the primer and a light shade or setting powder before applying eyeshadows, I get a crease free application and easy blending (depending on the eyeshadow palette).
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil – I really love this pencil when I want a natural look. It helps me draw fine hair-like strokes.
Benefit Cosmetics – Spending $50 to get a free brow wax (now worth $21) is something I’ve done many times during the Days of Beauty. I have had my brows done at the Benefit Brow Bar a lot. Other than one bad experience where my usual brow specialist must have confused me with someone else and took my brows a little too thin, I have always been happy with the result. It took almost two years to regain the fullness she took away at that appointment so my trips to the brow bar slowed down drastically as I grew them back. At every other visit, they are always almost perfectly shaped thanks to the guidelines they use. Benefit is a cutesy brand, but it has many products I love, especially for brows. Gimme Brow is my favorite Brow Gel, and I say that knowing how much I love the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. There are many other items I love like: Hoola, The Porefessional, Watt’s Up, High Beam, That Gal (but the price per ounce is outrageous), Big Easy, all the tints, and Majorette. All of the boxed blushes are nice, but my shade recommendation would depend on your skin tone and preference. I loathe Dew the Hoola (ugly mustard yellow shade), They’re Real eyeliner (at least partly due to user error), and They’re Real mascara (too wet for my hooded eyes). Everything else I’ve tried falls somewhere in the middle, including the Bad Gal Bang mascara. I love the volume, but even with one coat, it is a little clumpy. Granted, I have not tried everything so feel free to ask me below if you want advice on something specific.
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Pressed Anti-Aging Finishing Powder – This does make my skin looked smooth and my pores look smaller. It is very noticeable on the skin though. Even without a camera, I can see the white tint. If used in extreme moderation (after applying a setting powder), I can use this.
skyn Iceland Travel Size Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels – When I apply these on a regular day, I notice almost no difference at all. If I apply them when I have really puffy eyes, particularly after crying, they really work. Due to their incredible ability to help me hide the results of crying, these are a FabuFind. Placing them in the fridge for an hour before use also makes them feel very refreshing.
Lancome La Base Pro Oil Free Primer – The primer blurs everything and does not dry out my skin at all. This is actually a really good primer, but I never purchase it. It is just too easy to get free samples of this.
bareMinerals Statement Luxe Shine Lipstick or Gen Nude Radiant Lipstick – Most people think of the skin products this line carries, but its lip products are pretty good. These are comfortable and look great.
Ofra Nikki Tutorials Highlighting Trio – I do not have this specific palette, but I do have their Everglow collaboartion. It is beautiful. Ofra has some extremely impressive highlighters.
PÜR 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 15 – I do not like wearing powder foundation, because I have dry skin. This is one I can apply without a liquid foundation under it without drying out my skin. It can illuminate dry patches, so I pat it in instead of buffing it in (as it suggests).
BUXOM Full-On Lip Cream – I really like this product. It is a gloss that is not glossy or sticky. My lips look more plump but do not feel uncomfortable when I wear it. They feel more hydrated with this one than when my lips are bare. The pigmentation is nice.
Cover Fx Shimmer Veil – I love that this sets and does not move once it dries. You can wear this anywhere, but my favorite place to wear it is on my eyes. It gives the intense shimmer I want, and I know it will last all day without creasing or wearing off.
DERMABLEND Loose Setting Powder – I like this powder. It is translucent and sets nicely into the skin. If you have oily skin and want a powder from this event, I would suggest this one.
Urban Decay Cosmetics Eyeshadow – I’ve never tried an Urban Decay single I did not like. There are very few shades in palettes I do not like either, and I own a lot of Urban Decay palettes. They are very pigmented and usually easy to blend. Unless you like really simple eye looks or have a lot of time to get ready, you probably won’t reach for singles too often. Stick to buying the ones that are not available in your favorite Urban Decay palettes or your favorite shades in the palettes you’ve already hit pan on.
Urban Decay Cosmetics Moondust Eyeshadow – I feel the same way about the Moondust shadows as I do about the regular ones. They are well-made. I’ve never owned an Urban Decay single I’ve been disappointed in. Moondust shadows do have more fall out, but using a glitter glue helps.
Laura Geller Spackle Primers – This is a multitasking primer. It primes, soothes and moisturizes sensitive skin. There are natural botanical extracts and antioxidants to help calm irritation, and they seem to work. Though it has a champagne color, there are green pigments to diminish the appearance of redness. Those like me, with a lot of redness, may only see a very slight reduction. Anything helps, because it allows me to use less makeup to cover the remaining redness. The result is a soft, light from within look that has a natural but champagne tint. I think this would look great on no makeup days, because it makes the face look dewy without looking shiny. My skin felt moisturized all day, which is great because some primers make me want to wash my makeup off for dry skin relief. The Mica gives it a very slight silicone feel so there is a little imperfection blurring. Makeup does adhere to it so it helps it last longer.
Too Faced Bronzers – I’ve never tried a Too Faced bronzer that did not apply well. They all seem to glide on beautifully. That said, a lot of their older bronzers were more orange than bronze on me. It did not suit me well at all. While I definitely speak for the quality, swatch the shade before selecting it. Milk chocolate on paper should suit me well, but chocolate looks so much better.
Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel – I adore this product, so I’ve named it a FabuFind. If I could only choose one brow product, it would be this. It is so easy to apply and makes a huge difference really quickly. Whether applying this alone for a boost or on top of anything else for a more glam work, it works well.
Tips for the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Spring 2019
I highly recommend studying the online brochure, because it lists all products (including items added after the catalog printed and items that are available online only). UltaMate members should also get a physical copy in the mail (that includes items for sale in-store and online). It is a good idea to plan your purchases ahead of time so you are ready to strike the moment the deal releases. Ulta runs on Central time so daily steals are available right at 10pm PST. That usually means steals from the previous day disappear right at 10pm PST. If you’re up past 10pm PST, that is the best time to order (unless you’re waiting to see if a Beauty Break or new gift with purchase releases in the morning). While the deals have run a little over, Ulta usually cuts them off right on time. The best deals are usually gone when you wake up in the morning from people who started shopping right as the day switched over so plan strategically. Waiting for the Beauty Break announcement with popular steals will usually backfire.
Rules for the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty Spring 2019
Ulta says each person can only purchase two of each steal. Placing multiple online orders (if the system prevents you from adding more than 2 of one item in a single order) or picking up in person usually gets around the limit. Although I’ve only ever received two at a time, I’ve missed out on Too Faced Sweethearts Blush and tarte Bronzer on days I saw multiple people buying more than two. Some stores may hold customers to the limit, but my store clearly does not. The most important rule is steals are 24 hours only and while supplies last. If they sell out in 10 minutes, that is it. You will not get a rain check and can only hope the deal you missed will repeat in the next event. Many deals repeat but plenty do not.
What are your thoughts on the Ulta Beauty Spring 2019 21 Days of Beauty? Let me know below. Targeted Offers are exclusive to UltaMate Rewards Members, so I do recommend joining. Whenever there is an exclusive or unique Ulta Beauty offer, I will note that above. An advanced breakdown on Earning and Redeeming Points can help you maximize the UltaMate Rewards Program. Coupons are almost always available. I go over all types of Ulta coupons and track 20% off prestige coupons. Remember to check my Ulta Deals page before placing an online order for possible exclusives and advice. There are always general and brand specific offers I do not list, so check the GWP section of the Ulta site as well. Ulta encourages deal stacking. Most major events run on a schedule, and I track each one. Read Tips For Getting the Best Deal at Ulta. See all Ulta articles. View my main page for the guide map to the site and deeper deal exploration.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links
I'm Kimberly. Shopping is always more fun when I've found the best deal available, so I am always on the hunt. My father instilled that in me, and I love that I carry a piece of him. Sometimes, my husband and sons (12 and 7) let me shop for them, too. They do not use as many beauty products as I do. We can all benefit from nice products, even though their routine ends with moisturizer. That is when I can convince my 12-year-old to apply it.