Ulta Beauty Winter 2019 Love Your Skin Event Starts in January
See the 2020 Ulta Love Your Skin Event.
The Love Your Skin Event for Winter 2019 runs from Sunday, January 6th through Saturday, January 26th. This is a 3-week Sale is centered around skincare. It features daily steals up to 50% off and promotions that run throughout the entire event. While I would love to see this repeat as the other 21-day events at Ulta do, this one only takes place once a year in January. Ulta overlaps this event with the Winter Liter Sale, which starts today. Both of these major events end at the same time.
2019 Ulta Beauty Event Calendar
I have one timeline where I list all major: deals, coupons, GWP, Sales, promotions, and Events. Those who want to see an overall idea of what to expect this year should stop by. See where the Ulta Beauty Love Your Skin Event lines up with others on the calendar. You can also visit my Ulta retailer page to see active and upcoming offers of all types.
Daily Beauty Steals – 50% off the most loves skincare brands!
Love Your Skin Event
All steals are in-store and online unless otherwise specified.
Sunday, January 6th
- 0.5oz IT Cosmetics Confidence in an Eye Cream -$19 (50% off)
- Mario Badescu Brightening Regimen Kit -$19 (50% off) *online only
Monday, January 7th
- 6oz Proactiv Deep Cleansing Face Wash -$15 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 1.9oz Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 40 -$17 (50% off) *online only
- 1oz dr. brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer -$22.50 (50% off) *online only 2018 Fall 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
Tuesday, January 8th
- 5.07oz boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal Cleanser -$15 (50% off)
- 4.2oz Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover -$15 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 5oz Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash -$15 (50% off) *online only
Wednesday, January 9th
- Clarisonic Sonic Foundation Brush Head -$19 (50% off)
- Multi-Branded – Discover Brands (Julep, Ahava, Bliss, Hey Honey) -$6-$28 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, January 10th
- 1.7oz Kopari Save Face Oil -$22 (50% off) 2018 Fall 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
- 5oz Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Foaming Cleanser -$12 (50% off) *online only
Friday, January 11th
- 1oz PETERTHOMASROTH Instant FirmX Eye -$19 (50% off)
- 0.5oz Benefit It’s Potent Eye Cream -$17 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 2oz Strivectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate For Wrinkles & Stretch Marks -$39.50 (50% off) *online only
Saturday, January 12th
- 1oz Murad Environmental Shield Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum -$34.50 (50% off)
- 1.7oz Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer -$35 (50% off) *online only 2018 Spring 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
Sunday, January 13th
- 1oz bareMinerals SKINLONGEVITY -$19 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 3.4oz Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores -$14 (50% off) *online only
- 1.3oz philosophy Time in a Bottle 100% In-Control Resist Renew Repair Serum -$38 (50% off) *online only
Monday, January 14th
- 0.5oz Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream -$9 (50% off)
- Scroll down to see the Platinum Perks
Tuesday, January 15th
- Exuviance Select Age Reverse Products -$39.50 (50% off) 2018 Fall 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
- Clinique Scrubs -$10.50-$11.25 (50% off) *online only 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat (part of it)
Wednesday, January 16th
- 2oz Perricone MD Face Finishing & Firm Moisturizer -$34.50 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 2.87oz Memebox Kitten Masks $11.50 (50% off)
- Multi-Branded – Discover Brands (Boscia, Mamonde, This Works) -$7-$14 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, January 17th
- 4oz Teami Blends Green Tea Blend Detox Mask -$15 (50% off) 2018 Fall 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
- First Aid Beauty FAB Faves to Go Kit -$15 (50% off) *online only 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
Friday, January 18th
- 0.5oz Dermalogica Age Smart Multivitamin Power Firm -$32.50 (50% off)
- 0.84oz Botanics Organic Facial Oil -$9 (50% off)
- 0.5oz Juice Beauty STEM CELLULAR Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment -$25 (50% off) *online only 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
Saturday, January 19th
- philosophy Microdelivery Collection -$7.50-$36 (50% off) 2018 Spring 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
- 0.85oz Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil -$18 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 1oz Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation -$19 (50% off) *online only 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
Sunday, January 20th
- 5oz IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser -$14 (50% off)
- 120 count SeroVital-hgh Dietary Supplement -$49.50 (50% off) 2018 Fall 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
- 30 count DERMAdoctor Kakadu C Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pad with Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E -$39 (50% off) *online only
Monday, January 21st
- 1.7oz Strivectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream Plus -$47.50 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 16 count Tula Dual-Phase Skin Reviving Treatment Pads -$29.50 (50% off) *online only
Tuesday, January 22nd
- 1.7oz Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Exfoliating Peel Spray -$26 (50% off)
- 1.01oz No 7 Lift & Luminate Triple Action Serum -$17 (50% off)
- 0.33oz Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief -$10 (50% off) *online only 2018 Spring 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
Wednesday, January 23rd
- 2x 2oz First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Minis -$10 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels -$7.50-$15 (50% off) 2018 Fall 21 Days of Beauty Repeat
- Multi-Branded – Discover Brands (Elemis, Mad Hippie, Meaningful Beauty) -$17-$32 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, January 24th
- 1.7oz Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream -$21 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 2oz Perricone High Potency Classics Face Firming Serum -$49.50 (50% off) *online only
- 4oz PÜR Miracle Mist Hydrating Spray -$9 (50% off) *online only
Friday, January 25th
- 8oz Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner -$9 (50% off)
- 0.5oz tarte Travel Size Maracuja Oil -$8 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- Patchology Down to Mask Kit -$17.50 (50% off) *online only
- Dermalogica Clear Start Breakout Clearing Kit -$14.25 (50% off) *online only
Saturday, January 26th
- 6 count Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 -$38.50 (50% off) 2018 Love Your Skin Repeat
- 6.7oz Clinique Clarifying Lotion -$12.75 (50% off)
Free shipping on any steal
- January 14th- 1oz IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Lines Serum -$29 (50% off) *online only
- January 14th- 2oz Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment -$42.50 (50% off) *online only
Many of these steals have repeated in multiple events within the past year. I listed and linked the most recent repeat above. Twenty-four of the steals in this event were also steals within the past year. For those who get to repurchase loves at these prices, that is great. It is less than ideal for those who hope for more fresh items with each new event.
These offers are available throughout the event while supplies last. More popular Hot Buys will run out of stock before the event ends. There are no rain checks, so get the ones you really want early in the event.
Skincare Samplers (Try Me Kits)
Please note I am only listing these, because my readers like to see them. Ulta used to sell these kits for $10-$15, so I do not see them as a deal and would have preferred to leave them out of my article. Throwing a few more samples and doubling or in some cases tripling the price is not cool. Really look at the contents before purchasing, because $30 is a lot to spend on samples when Ulta gives so many for free.
As expected, these did not sell much at $25, so they were reduced to $15 on January 21st.
Love Your Skin – Ingredients that Matter -$30 (regularly $50)
- Juice Beauty STEM CELLULAR Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment (0.25 oz)
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm (0.23 oz)
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator (1 oz)
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Pink Grapefruit (1 oz)
- Better Skin Co Mirakle Cream (0.25 oz)
- Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer (0.33 oz)
- Dr. Brandt Hydro Biotic Recovery Sleeping Mask (0.25 oz)
- Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub (0.5 oz)
- Clarins Pore Control Serum (0.1 oz)
- Exuviance Probiotic Lysate Anti-Pollution Essence (0.17 oz)
Love Your Skin – All Your Favorites -$30 (regularly $50)
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff (0.17 oz)
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer (0.25 oz)
- Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream (0.24 oz)
- Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel (0.25 oz)
- Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum (0.25 oz)
- Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 Activator Pad (0.05 oz)
- Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 Neutralizer Pad (0.05 oz)
- Shiseido Ultimune Serum (0.33 oz)
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner (1 oz)
- Clinique Moisture Surge (0.24 oz)
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (0.11 oz)
Love Your Skin GWP Offers
The first beauty bag of this event was announced. More may come, but this will be the only large one.
Receive a free 29-piece skincare sampler with a $70 skincare purchase. Valid 01/06/19-01/26/19.
- Love Beauty And Planet Travel Size Coconut Water & Mimosa Flower Body Wash (3.0 oz)
- Mario Badescu Travel Size Facial Spray With Aloe, Chamomile And Lavender (1.0 oz)
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Polish (1.0 oz)
- Garnier Travel Size SkinActive Micellar Foaming Gel Cleanser (1.0 oz)
- Boscia Travel Size Luminizing Black Mask (0.7 oz)
- StriVectin Anti-Wrinkle Wrinkle Recode Mini (0.25 oz)
- Juicy Beauty STEM Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Booster Serum Mini (0.26 oz)
- Shiseido Essential Energy Moisturizing Cream Mini (0.35 oz)
- Kate Sommerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment Mini (0.25 oz)
- Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator Mini (0.24 oz)
- Murad Hydration Prebiotic 4-In-1 Multi Cleanser Mini (0.17 oz)
- Philosophy Anti-Wrinkle Miracle Worker Line-Correcting Primer Mini (0.24 oz)
- Proactiv Adapalene Gel 0.1% Mini (0.07 oz)
- ULTA Beauty On-The-Go Makeup Remover Facial Wipes (5 ct)
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (1 pair)
- Ofra Cosmetics Vitamin A & C Serum, Vitamin C Serum 25%, Vitamin C Cream and Vitamin C Cleanser Packettes Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel (1 ct)
- Ahava Time To Revitalize Extreme Day Cream Packette (0.1 oz)
- Origins Checks And Balances Froth Face Wash Packette (0.07 oz)
- Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment Packette (0.05 oz)
- Peter Thomas Roth Skin To Die For Packette (0.068 oz)
- Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel Packette (0.1 oz)
- Clarins Double Serum and Multi-Active Jour Packettes (0.03 oz, 0.06 oz)
- Kopari Coconut Face Cream Packette (0.07 oz)
- Dermalogica Intensive Moisturizer Packette
- IT Cosmetics Confidence IN A Cleanser, Confidence In An Eye Cream and Confidence In A Cream Packettes
- Elizabeth Arden Prevage Anti-Aging Daily Serum Packette (0.034 oz)
- Dr. Brandt Luminizer Primer Packette (0.068 oz)
These are some of the gifts we can expect.
Check the GWP section throughout the event for more.
Other Love Your Skin Event Deals and Offers
Some new exclusive skincare kits will drop.
Buy Two, Get One free mix and match
Buy One, Get One 50% off
More Buy One, Get One 50% off
Buy One, Get One 40% off
More BOGO Deals
Get 20% off your first skincare treatment during the event.
You can take a quiz to get specific product recommendations.
Ulta brought back the section to help customers shop by skincare goal. This is really helpful, so I wish Ulta kept this feature year-round.
Reviews of Love Your Skin Event Steals I’ve Tried
I am only listing specific products, because I could go on forever on the brands with open offers.
Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover is my all-time favorite eye makeup remover. It gets everything off without burning and leaves my eyes feeling soft. The softness is from the oil. If oil around your eyes bothers you, don’t get this.
juice BEAUTY STEM CELLULAR Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer – This moisturizer is fine. I cannot remember loving or hating it. It is not as thick as moisturizers I prefer for my dry skin.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Minis – I love the Ulta Repair Cream. It is very moisturizing. This is an inexpensive way to sample it.
StriVectin Neck Cream – This is a thick moisturizer, and my neck feels great when I use this. Though I have not used it long enough to see if there are long-term effects, I am guessing there are. My neck always feels supple and looks great in the short term.
PÜR Miracle Mist Hydrating Spray – I love the product, but I hate the sprayer. It makes my dry skin feel hydrated and comfortable. No matter how far back I spray from my face it disposes too much product in parts of my face. That makes it harder to use as a makeup setting spray. If I spray it and blot afterward though, the makeup just melts into my skin. Too bad this does not help makeup last longer. This could be amazing with skincare, so I will eventually try it that way.
Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels are soothing. I like to save these for days when I have bags or have been crying a lot. They make my eyes feel really refreshed and bring down some swelling. If I use them on a regular day, I do not notice much difference.
Tula Dual-Phase Skin Reviving Treatment Pads I’ve only used this once, so I will withhold a full review. It was nice enough to explore them a little more. At less than $30 for 16 more tries, I may purchase this one.
Tarte Maracuja Oil (it is hydrating when used with most face creams. There are some creams it cannot penetrate, so I need to switch the application order. This is not my favorite oil, but it works nicely most of the time. I do not get excess breakouts when using it, but I have dry skin).
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment – This is one of my favorite physical exfoliators. FabFitFun keeps sending these to me, and I will get another from them shortly. It is gentle, yet effective.
Tips and Rules for the Love Your Skin Event
I highly recommend studying the online brochure, because it lists all products (including items added after the catalog printed and items that are available online only). UltaMate members should also get a physical copy in the mail (that includes items for sale in-store and online). It is a good idea to plan your purchases ahead of time, so you are ready to strike the moment the deal releases. Ulta runs on Central time, so daily steals are available right at 10pm PST. That usually means steals from the previous day disappear right at 10pm PST. If you’re up past 10pm PST, that is the best time to order (unless you’re waiting to see if a Beauty Break or new gift releases in the morning). While the deals have run a little over, Ulta usually cut them off right on time. The best deals are usually gone when you wake up in the morning from people who started shopping right as the day switched over, so plan strategically. Waiting for the Beauty Break announcement with popular steals will usually backfire.
Ulta says each person can only purchase two of each steal. Placing multiple online orders (if the system prevents you from adding more than 2 of one item in a single order) or picking up in person usually gets around the limit. Although I’ve only ever received two at a time, I’ve missed out on Too Faced Sweethearts Blush and tarte Bronzer on days I saw multiple people buying more than two. Some stores may hold customers to the limit, but my store clearly does not. The most important rule is steals are 24 hours only and while supplies last. If they sell out in 10 minutes, that is it. You will not get a rain check and can only hope the deal you missed will repeat in the next event. Many deals repeat but plenty do not.
What are your thoughts on the Love Your Skin Event? Let me know below. Targeted Offers are exclusive to UltaMate Rewards Members, so I do recommend joining. Whenever there is an exclusive or unique Ulta Beauty offer, I will note that above. An advanced breakdown on Earning and Redeeming Points can help you maximize the UltaMate Rewards Program. Coupons are almost always available. I go over all types of Ulta coupons and track 20% off prestige coupons. Remember to check my Ulta Deals page before placing an online order for possible exclusives and advice. There are always general and brand specific offers I do not list, so check the GWP section of the Ulta site as well. Ulta encourages deal stacking. Most major events run on a schedule, and I track each one. Read Tips For Getting the Best Deal at Ulta. See all Ulta articles. View my main page for the guide map to the site and deeper deal exploration.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links
notcreative View All
I'm Kimberly. Shopping is always more fun when I've found the best deal available, so I am always on the hunt. My father instilled that in me, and I love that I carry a piece of him. Sometimes, my husband and sons (13 and 8) let me shop for them, too. They do not use as many beauty products as I do. We can all benefit from nice products, even though their routine ends with moisturizer. That is when I can convince my 13-year-old to apply it.
Deal or No Deal? What Do You Think?