See the article for Spring 2019 Ulta Beauty Gorgeous Hair Event, and all 2019 Ulta Beauty Promotions, Deals, Coupons, GWP, Sales, and Events.
The Gorgeous Hair Event will take place from Sunday, September 30th through Saturday, October 20th. This semi-annual event takes place every spring starting in May and every fall usually starting in October. It is a 21-day event where hair products from mostly high-end brands get discounted up to 50% off for one day only. This twice a year event has steals for all things hair (shampoo, conditioner, styling, tools, and much more). There are also specials that run throughout the event. These steals and Hot Buys get highlighted in the upcoming catalog and the special event page. While some jumbo haircare makes this event, deals in the Jumbo Love Event are typically better.
All Platinum and Diamond Members get free shipping with a $10 Beauty Steal Purchase. No Platinum steals have been announced for this event yet. There were only two in the Spring Event. If any other Platinum or Diamond Perks pop up during the event, I will list them below.
Steals (most of which are for 50% off) are available in-store and online unless marked as *online only
Fall 2018 Ulta Gorgeous Hair Event Beauty Steals
Week 1 – September 30th through October 6th
Sunday, September 30th
- Kenra Professional Shampoo and Conditioner -$7.50-$11 (50% off)
- Matrix Biolage Advanced -$10.50-$11.50 (50% off)
- 3.3oz drybar Detox Dry Conditioner -$11.50 (50% off)
Monday, October 1st
- 12oz KERACOLOR Color + Clenditioner -$11 (50% off)
- Punky Colour -Entire Brand (50% off)
- Brite -Entire brand (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Tuesday, October 2nd
- AG Hair Color Savour & Texture -Select Products (50% off)
- 8oz DevaCurl Buildup Buster Micellar Water Cleansing Serum -$14 (50% off)
- The One by Frederic Fakkai Starter Kits -$14.50 (50% off) *online only
Wednesday, October 3rd
- Wella Select Shampoo and Conditioner -$8.99 (regularly $16-$22)
- L’Anza Color Care Collection -$14-$17.50 (50% off)
- Phyto -Entire brand (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- 4oz Curlsmith Intensive Treatment Serum -$18 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, October 4th
- 10oz Rusk W8less and W8less Plus Hairspray -$7.99 (regularly $16.50)
- Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair (excludes liters) -$8.99 (regularly $10-$22.95)
- got 2b -Entire brand (50% off) *online only
Friday, October 5th
- Matrix Total Results Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner -$6-$6.50 (50% off)
- dpHUE Root Touch Up Kit -$15 (50% off) *online only Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Conair Rainbow Curling Collection -$14.99 (50% off)
Saturday, October 6th
- Paul Mitchell Select Styling -$9.99 (regularly $10-$29)
- Paul Mitchell Neuro Unclipped Wands -$44.99 (50% off)
- 6.76oz Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color -$8 (50% off) *online only Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Week 2 -October 7th through October 13th
Sunday, October 7th
- Living Proof Shampoo and Conditioner -$13-$14.50 (50% off)
- Revlon One Step Volumizer Dryer -$29.99 (50% off)
- Eva NYC -Entire Brand (50% off) *online only Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Monday, October 8th
- 5.1oz Joico K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor -$9.99 (regularly $20.99)
- Billy Jealousy -Entire Brand (50% off)
- Esquire, Frederick Benjamin, and Blackwood -Select Products (50% off) *online only Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Tuesday, October 9th
- Keranique Select Haircare -$18-$29.40 (40% off)
- Nioxin All Treatments -$10.50-$30 (50% off)
- L’Ange Styling Tools -(50% off) *online only
Wednesday, October 10th
- Tigi Select Styling -$6.99 (regularly $19.99-$23)
- Instyler Airless Blowout Revolving Styler -$62.50 (50% off)
- So Cozy -Entire brand (50% off) *online only Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Thursday, October 11th
- Macadamia Professional Masque -$18 (50% off)
- Design Essentials -Entire Brand (50% off)
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Line -$4 (50% off)
Friday, October 12th
- Chi Select Styling and Treatments -$8-$24.75 (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Chi for Ulta Beauty Red and Pink Dryers -$49.97 (50% off)
- Pravana Perfect Brunette Collection -$3.49-$11.49 (50% off) *online only
Saturday, October 13th
- Redken Select Hairsprays -$9-$11 (50% off)
- Hot Tools Select Styling Tools -$37.50-$40 (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat (1 of the 4 tools)
- 8.4oz L’Oreal Professional Série Expert Absolut Repair Lipidium Mask -$20 (50% off) *online only
Week 3 – October 14th through October 20th
Sunday, October 14th
- Alterna Caviar Select Anti-Aging -$17 (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Keratin Complex Shampoo and Conditioner -$10.50-$13 (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Croc Classic Black Titanium 1.5″ Flat Iron -$70 (50% off)
Monday, October 15th
- Bosley -Entire brand (50% off)
- Nexxus Karaphix Shampoo and Conditioner -$7-$10 (50% off)
- 60-count Vivisical Tablets -$20 (50% off)
Tuesday, October 16th
- Unwash-Entire brand (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- OGX Shampoo and Conditioner -2 for $11 (regularly $7.99 each)
- Madison Reed Radiant Hair Color Kits -$12.50 (50% off) *online only Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Wednesday, October 17th
- 8.5oz Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment -$10 (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
- Ouidad Mongogo Oil and Meltdown Mask -$19-$22 (50% off)
- SheaMoisture Manuka Honey and Yogurt Line -$5-$5.75 (50% off)
Thursday, October 18th
- Klorane Dry Shampoos, and Mango Collection -$9-$13 (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat (minus peonies)
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Line -$3-$3.50 (50% off)
- Bed Head Pump Up the Volume Hit Dryer -$17.49 (50% off) *online only
Friday, October 19th
- Sebastian Shampoo and Conditioner -$8.99 (regularly $16.50-$19.08)
- Hask Shampoo, Conditioner, and Dry Shampoo -$3.59-$4.79 (40% off)
- Bio Ionic GoldPro Speed Dryer -$67.50 (50% off) Spring Gorgeous Hair Repeat
Saturday, October 20th
- 8oz Aqua Uplifting Foam -$10 (50% off)
- It’s a 10 Silk Collection -$7.71-$30.91 (50% off)
- Elchim Light Ionic 50s Blue Hair Dryer -$99.50 (50% off)
Secret In-Store Steals every Friday
I will probably not make it into the store at all, so I will not update this section on what the steals are. If anyone makes it in on the 5th, the 12th, or the 19th, make sure you ask about the secret steals.
Try Me Kits
There are three new kits for this event. They are $9.99 each.
- Mixed Chicks Co-Wash (2.0 oz)
- TXTR by Cantu Defining Gel & Defining Cream Packette (0.6 oz)
- SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Yoghurt Leave-in Conditioner (3.3 oz)
- Maui Moisture Heal + Hydrate Shea Butter Shampoo (3.3 oz)
- Maui Moisture Heal + Hydrate Shea Butter Conditioner (3.3 oz)
- Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Treatment (1.69 oz)
- Love Beauty & Planet Smooth & Serene Argan Oil & Lavender Shampoo (3.3 oz)
- Love Beauty & Planet Smooth & Serene Argan Oil & Lavender Conditioner (3.3 oz)
- Not Your Mother’s Plump for Joy Thickening Hair Lifter (2.0 oz)
- Hempz Original Deep Conditioner and Hydrating Hair Mask for Damaged Hair (3.0 oz)
- St. Tropica Organic Coconut Hot Oil Hair Mask (1.5 oz)
- UNWINED by HASK Cabernet Sauvignon Deep Conditioner(1.8 oz)
- Nexxus Keraphix Damage Healing Shampoo (3.0 oz)
- Nexxus Keraphix Damage Healing Conditioner (3.0 oz)
- Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo (3.0 oz)
- Dove Intensive Repair Conditioner (3.0 oz)
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask (4.0 oz)
- Brite Briteplex Mermaid Masque No 1 (3.38 oz)
- PSSSST! Instant Dry Shampoo (1.76 oz)
- L’Oreal Paris EverPure Moisture Shampoo (1.6 oz)
- L’Oreal Paris EverPure Moisture Conditioner (1.6 oz)
- Herbal Essences BioRenew Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo (3.38 oz)
- Herbal Essences BioRenew Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner (3.38 oz)
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Cherry (1.6 oz)
- UNWINED by HASK Pinot Grigio Deep Conditioner (1.8 oz)
- Sun Bum Shampoo (1.0 oz)
- Sun Bum Conditioner (1.0 oz)
Event GWP Offers
There are gifts tied to this specific event. Most are tied to specific brands.
-Receive a 10-piece hair gift with a $40 hair purchase. Valid 10/19/18 – 10/20/18 or while supplies last.
Other Special Offers for the Event
The liter sale will return in December, and I recommend waiting until then to restock on large shampoos and conditioners. If your favorite does not come in liter size or you need more before the event, there are some specials during this event.
–2 for $30– AG Hair
Select styling and finishing products are buy two, get one free during the event.
The offers are categorized according to their attributes, but whether choosing from Volume, Texture, Smoothing, Curl, Heat Protection, or Finishing, the price on the cheapest of three items will deduct.
Salon customers can get a deep conditioning treatment with any hair service for $10 (regularly $20), and new customers get 20% off their first skin or hair service.
There will be buy more, save more offers during the event. View all offers (past and present) to see when the item was last on sale. These offers exist all throughout the year, but the offers during the event mostly center around hair. A lot of twofers are also available. Compare these offers to past ones to see if this is the best time to grab your item.
Reviews of Steals I’ve Tried
Wella Elements Renewing Shampoo – I always knew I had dry, frizzy hair, but I had never really found a regular shampoo that combatted either problem really well. That caused me to rely on external products and still not get the results I desired. When I used this, my hair looked silky. It looked hydrated and nearly frizz-free. As soon as I finished this and started using my next product, my dryness and frizz returned. It is products like these that make me want to throw out everything else I’ve bought and keep using this. Alas, I spent good money on the other products and enjoy trying and reviewing new things. This will make a return to my product line-up once I’ve used up some items in my stash. pH 4.5
Wella Elements Lightweight Renewing Conditioner – I did not love this as much as I like the shampoo, because I typically prefer a thicker conditioner to soften and detangle. Though my hair is fine, I have a lot of it. There are times when I want more volume in my hair though. Whenever I used this, I noticed I did not need any assistance with volumizing my hair. It really complimented the shampoo, too. They both have a lovely scent that is not overbearing at all. Hair smells clean without smelling overly perfumed. pH 4.5
Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color – How dark this dies your hair depends on how long you leave it on and how dark your hair is to start with. I left it the Ultra Violet shade on my dark blonde hair for about an hour, and it was darker than my son’s which was let on for about 2 hours. Most of the color faded from my hair within about 2 months. It was pretty vibrant and had very little fading for the first 4-5 washes in my hair. My son’s hair saw more fading in the beginning but less after that. His red shade would be all over his body after each shower. Over 2 months later though, and I can still see a lot red in his hair. This is a controversial brand so while I do like the samples we tested, I am still unsure I would purchase from it.
I do love the Living Proof shampoos and conditioners I’ve tried so far, but I have not used any long enough to offer a comprehensive review.
Joico K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor – This leaves my hair softer and less frizzy. I am unsure it actually rebuilds bonds like it claims, because I read Olaplex is the only over the counter treatment that does that. My hair does feel softer with this than Olaplex, but I seem to get less loss and breakage with Olaplex. It is thinner than a traditional hair mask, so it is perfect for someone who is looking to strengthen or soften hair without weighing it down too much.
Nioxin System 4 Scalp Treatment – I do not have thinning hair, so that is not what I use this for. As such, I cannot review it that way. The product does make my fine hair appear more full, but I am unsure it does anything to regrow hair, at least on me. My scalp gets itchy and flaky whenever I do not use a special scalp treatment. This keeps the itching and flaking completely at bay and has some SPF, which I always enjoy in a scalp treatment. If I had to name one negative on this product, it is not matter how much I work it in my roots are always a little crunchy after my hair dries. It is not a deal breaker, but I have to comb through it again once it dries to get the crunchiness to go away. No other scalp treatment leaves me with crunchy hair, so I do not have to comb my hair after it dries with anything else.
Macadamia Professional Ultra Rich Moisture Masque – This is a nice mask when I am wearing my hair curly. It adds a lot of moisture, so it reduces my frizz and makes my hair soft. When I apply this near my scalp and wear my hair wavy, it makes my hair look greasy. That happens no matter how long I spend rinsing it out, because the oil in this product just bonds with the hair. I can use it when I wear my hair wavy as long as I only apply it from mid shaft to tips. If I am wearing my hair curly, I will apply this to my roots, because the oily look blends in with the curl cream to look like I did it on purpose.
Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Masque – This is my all-time favorite mask, which is why it is a FabuFind. My hair is instantly softer, less frizzy, shinier, more manageable, and moisturized every time I use this. Even after a subsequent wash, my hair still looks better than it did the day before I use this mask.
OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner – This is a nice, affordable conditioner. It is sulfate free and leaves my hair soft. I like that it is not overly thick, so it does not weigh my hair down. The sacrifice with that is slightly more tangling and frizz than some thicker conditioners. My hair does look shiny and can border on oily looking if I put too much on my scalp.
Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment – I do like this, but I am not sure I like it enough to purchase it again. If I did, it would be when it gets discounted to $10. The main of the 25 benefits I want is detangling. While it does detangle, it does not detangle as well as some of the other products I’ve tried. This is lightweight though so it does weigh hair down less than some other detanglers. It is hard to say how well it moisturizes, because my hair does not feel any softer when I use this than when I use another one. Then again, I ALWAYS use a detangler, so it has been a long time since I’ve felt my hair without one.
Tips for the Sale
I highly recommend studying the online brochure, because it lists all products (including items added after the catalog printed and items that are available online only). UltaMate members should also get a physical copy in the mail (that includes items for sale in-store and online). It is a good idea to plan your purchases ahead of time so you are ready to strike the moment the deal releases. Ulta runs on Central time so daily steals are available right at 10pm PST. That usually means steals from the previous day disappear right at 10pm PST. If you’re up past 10pm PST, that is the best time to order (unless you’re waiting to see if a Beauty Break or new gift releases in the morning). While the deals have run a little over, Ulta usually cut them off right on time. The best deals are usually gone when you wake up in the morning from people who started shopping right as the day switched over, so plan strategically. Waiting for the Beauty Break announcement with the more popular steals may backfire.
Rules for the Sale
Rules for the sale. Ulta says each person can only purchase four of each steal. Placing multiple online orders (if the system prevents you from adding more than two of one item in a single order) or picking up in person usually gets around the limit. Although I’ve only ever received two at a time, I’ve seen people purchasing more than the maximum in store. Some stores may hold customers to the limit, but my store clearly does not. The most important rule is steals are 24 hours only and while supplies last. If they sell out in 10 minutes, that is it. You will not get a rain check and can only hope the deal you missed will repeat in the next event. Many deals repeat but plenty do not.
What are your thoughts on the Fall Gorgeous Hair Event? Let me know below. Targeted Offers are exclusive to UltaMate Rewards Members, so I do recommend joining. Whenever there is an exclusive or unique Ulta Beauty offer, I will note that above. An advanced breakdown on Earning and Redeeming Points can help you maximize the UltaMate Rewards Program. Coupons are almost always available. I go over all types of Ulta coupons and track 20% off prestige coupons. Remember to check my Ulta Deals page before placing an online order for possible exclusives and advice. There are always general and brand specific offers I do not list, so check the GWP section of the Ulta site as well. Ulta encourages deal stacking. Most major events run on a schedule, and I track each one. Read Tips For Getting the Best Deal at Ulta. See all Ulta articles. View my main page for the guide map to the site and deeper deal exploration.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links