See the article for Spring 2019 Ulta Beauty Gorgeous Hair Event, and all 2019 Ulta Beauty Promotions, Deals, Coupons, GWP, Sales, and Events.
The Gorgeous Hair Event will take place from Sunday, May 13th through Saturday, June 2nd. This semi-annual event takes place every spring starting in May and every fall usually starting in October. It is a 21-day event where hair products from mostly high-end brands get discounted up to 50% off for one day only. This twice a year event has steals for all things hair (shampoo, conditioner, styling, tools, and much more). There are also specials that run throughout the event. These steals and Hot Buys get highlighted in the upcoming catalog and the special event page. While some jumbo haircare makes this event, deals in the Jumbo Love Event are typically better.
All Platinum and Diamond Members get free shipping with a $10 Beauty Steal Purchase. Platinum steals are mixed in below. If any other Platinum or Diamond Perks pop up during the event, I will list them as well.
All steals (most of which are for 50% off) are available in-store and online unless marked as *online only
Week 1 – May 13th through May 19th
Sunday, May 13th
- Matrix Styling Products -$8.99 (regularly $17-$23)
- Bed Head Curling Wands -$14.99 (50% off)
- Madison Reed Radiant Hair Color Kits -$12.50 (50% off) *online only
Monday, May 14th
- SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo, Conditioner, and Smoothie -$4-$6.75 (50% off)
- 5oz Pureology Hydrate Airy Cream -$14 (50% off)
- 6.76oz Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color -$8 (50% off) *online only
Tuesday, May 15th
- American Crew, Billy Jealousy, and Esquire -Select Products (50% off)
- Frederick Benjamin, Fatboy, and Blackwood -Select Products (50% off)
- pura d’or -Entire brand (50% off) *online only
Wednesday, May 16th
- 5.3oz Drybar Mr. Incredible -$13 (50% off)
- 6.7oz Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock Spray -$10.49 (50% off)
- 2oz Grow Gorgeous Hair Density Serum -$17.29 (50% off) *online only
Thursday, May 17th
- OGX Styling -2 for $12 (regularly $8.99 each)
- Hot Tools Rainbow Gold Curling Iron -$34.99 (50% off)
- Honest Beauty -Entire brand (50% off) *online only
Friday, May 18th
- AG Hair -Excludes liters (40% off)
- Hot Tools Tourmaline Tools 2000 Turbo Ionic Dryer -$42.49 (50% off)
- 9.5oz Tigi Bed Head Masterpiece Shine Hairspray -$9.99 (regularly $23) *online only
Saturday, May 19th
- Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging (select products)-$13-$17 (regularly $26-$34)
- Croc LED Black Titanium 1″ Flat Iron -$49.50 (regularly $99)
- Not Your Mother’s Naturals -$4.99 (regularly $8.99) *online only
Week 2 – May 20th through May 26th
Sunday, May 20th
- Living Proof Style Lab -$6-$13 (50% off)
- Elchim Milano Turbo Ceramic Dryer -$79.50 (50% off)
- Lanza Keratin Healing Line -$15-$22.50 (50% off) *online only
Monday, May 21st
- 7oz Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask -$16 (50% off)
- Conair Infiniti Pro Rainbow Titanium Flat Iron -$22.49 (50% off)
- 8.5oz The One by Frederic Fekkai Shampoos and Conditioners -$14-$15 (50% off) *online only
Tuesday, May 22nd
- Keratin Complex (select hair care items) -$10-$12 (50% off)
- Klorane Dry Shampoos, Mango, and Peony Collections -$9-$13 (50% off)
- Sultra The Bombshell Curling Iron -$65 (50% off) *online only
Wednesday, May 23rd
- Nioxin System Kits -$14.99-$22.50 0.12oz
- Sebastian Styling -$3.50-$12.48 (50% off)
- Brite -Entire brand (50% off) *online only
Thursday, May 24th
- 6oz Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Featherlight Styling Cream -$13 (50% off)
- Hot Tools Black Gold 1 1/4″ Digital Salon Flat Iron -$39.99 (50% off) *online only
- dpHUE Root Touch Up Kit -$15 (50% off) *online only
Friday, May 25th
- 6.73oz Batiste Dry Shampoo Original -$4.79 (regularly $7.99)
- Rusk Speed Freak 2000 Watt Dryer $59.97 (50% off)
- 33.8oz Matrix liters -$13.50-$16 (50% off) *online only Platinum Perk- Must have a Platinum or Diamond Account
Saturday, May 26th
- Kenra Platinum Styling -$7-$16.50 (50% off)
- Bio Ionic GoldPro Speed Dryer -$67.50 (50% off)
- So Cozy -Entire brand (50% off) *online only
Week 3 – May 27th through June 2nd
Sunday, May 27th
- Chi Styling and Treatments (select items) -$7.75-$22.50 (50% off)
- Chi for Ulta Beauty Titanium Flat Irons -$59.99 (50% off)
- 6.7oz Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Beautifier -$13 (50% off) *online only Platinum Perk- Must have a Platinum or Diamond Account
Monday, May 28th
- Phyto -Entire brand (50% off)
- Wella EIMI Collection -$9-$9.75 (50% off)
- Foxybae Rose Gold Straightening Brush -$74.97 (50% off) *online only
Tuesday, May 29th
Wednesday, May 30th
- 8.5oz Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment -$10 (50% off)
- 4.2oz Macadamia Professional Oils -$19.98 (50% off)
- Eva NYC -Entire brand (50% off) *online only
Thursday, May 31st
- 32oz Devacurl Arc Angel Gel Maximum Hold No-Crunch Styler -$11 (50% off)
- GHD Gold Professional Styling Iron -$99.50 (50% off)
- 6.8oz L’Oreal Tecni.Art Wild Stylers Next Day Hair Texturizing Spray -$14 (50% off) *online only
Friday, June 1st
- Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Dry Shampoo and Powder & Play Powders -$8.99 (regularly $16.95-$17.95)
- Conair Rose Gold Hair Dryer -$19.99 (50% off)
- 10.1oz Pravana The Perfect Blonde Leave-In Treatment-$9.99 (50% off) *online only
Saturday, June 2nd
- Redken Masks -$10.50-$14.50 (50% off)
- Instyler CERASILK Woven Ceramic Styling Iron -$57.50 (50% off)
- Hempz -Haircare (50% off) *online only
Try Me Kits
There are no new hair Try Me Kits for this event. A lot of new skincare sets popped up. Since I am not purchasing any and they do not coincide with this event, I am not listing them anywhere.
Event GWP Offers
There are other gifts tied to this specific event.
-Receive a free Ulta Beauty Glass Water Bottle with a $20 Mass Haircare purchase. While supplies last.
Other Special Offers for the Event
The liter sale will return in July, and I recommend waiting until then to restock on large shampoos and conditioners. If your favorite does not come in liter size or you need more before the event, there are some specials during this event.
–2 for $25– Alterna
Select styling and finishing products are buy two, get one free during the event.
Salon customers can try these brands for free during the event. Week one features Living Proof. Week two featured Kenra. Week three features Sexy Hair. This could either mean free samples with a service or they use those products during the service during those weeks. If it is the former, that is a better offer. The latter is common during hair treatments. Many salons use products on a client during a service, then try to push sales on said products.
-Get an $85 haircut and all over service. For $110, you also get protection treatments. These are not necessarily the best deals I’ve seen, especially for new clients, but it is better than most high-end salons for those looking for a decent price.
There will be buy more, save more offers during the event. View all offers (past and present) to see when the item was last on sale. These offers exist all throughout the year, but the offers during the event mostly center around hair.
Reviews of Steals I’ve Tried
Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Color – How dark this dies your hair depends on how long you leave it on and how dark your hair is to start with. I left it the Ultra Violet shade on my dark blonde hair for about an hour, and it was darker than my son’s which was let on for about 2 hours. Most of the color faded from my hair within about 2 months. It was pretty vibrant and had very little fading for the first 4-5 washes in my hair. My son’s hair saw more fading in the beginning but less after that. His red shade would be all over his body after each shower. Over 2 months later though, and I can still see a lot red in his hair. This is a controversial brand so while I do like the samples we tested, I am still unsure I would purchase from it.
Kenra Professional Platinum Blow-Dry Spray – I’ve tried this but not enough times to offer a real opinion. It does not help that I do not blow dry my hair often. It does seem to work better than nothing at all, but I am unsure hot it really compares to similar products. There was a time where I sprayed a little too close to my head and felt that it did not disperse well. That made it look greasy, but it was user error.
Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment – I do like this, but I am not sure I like it enough to purchase it again. If I did, it would be when it gets discounted to $10. The main of the 25 benefits I want is detangling. While it does detangle, it does not detangle as well as some of the other products I’ve tried. This is lightweight though so it does weigh hair down less than some other detanglers. It is hard to say how well it moisturizes, because my hair does not feel any softer when I use this than when I use another one. Then again, I ALWAYS use a detangler so it has been a long time since I’ve felt my hair without one.
Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment – This is another one I like but am unsure I want to repurchase. While it is not foolproof, it will look nice as long as you do not get overzealous with the application. I have a lot of frizz so I have to find the delicate balance between too much oil that does not make me look greasy and not enough oil, which does almost nothing for my frizz. When I am luck enough to get the perfect balance, this works great. The problem is sometimes I need more and sometimes I need less. It is hard to just eyeball it. There are others where I can just apply a lot without looking greasy.
Tips for the Sale
I highly recommend studying the online brochure, because it lists all products (including items added after the catalog printed and items that are available online only). UltaMate members should also get a physical copy in the mail (that includes items for sale in-store and online). It is a good idea to plan your purchases ahead of time so you are ready to strike the moment the deal releases. Ulta runs on Central time so daily steals are available right at 10pm PST. That usually means steals from the previous day disappear right at 10pm PST. If you’re up past 10pm PST, that is the best time to order (unless you’re waiting to see if a Beauty Break or new gift releases in the morning). While the deals have run a little over, Ulta usually cut them off right on time. The best deals are usually gone when you wake up in the morning from people who started shopping right as the day switched over, so plan strategically. Waiting for the Beauty Break announcement with the more popular steals may backfire.
Rules for the Sale
Rules for the sale. Ulta says each person can only purchase four of each steal. Placing multiple online orders (if the system prevents you from adding more than two of one item in a single order) or picking up in person usually gets around the limit. Although I’ve only ever received two at a time, I’ve seen people purchasing more than the maximum in store. Some stores may hold customers to the limit, but my store clearly does not. The most important rule is steals are 24 hours only and while supplies last. If they sell out in 10 minutes, that is it. You will not get a rain check and can only hope the deal you missed will repeat in the next event. Many deals repeat but plenty do not.
What are your thoughts on the Gorgeous Hair Event? Let me know below. Targeted Offers are exclusive to UltaMate Rewards Members, so I do recommend joining. Whenever there is an exclusive or unique Ulta Beauty offer, I will note that above. An advanced breakdown on Earning and Redeeming Points can help you maximize the UltaMate Rewards Program. Coupons are almost always available. I go over all types of Ulta coupons and track 20% off prestige coupons. Remember to check my Ulta Deals page before placing an online order for possible exclusives and advice. There are always general and brand specific offers I do not list, so check the GWP section of the Ulta site as well. Ulta encourages deal stacking. Most major events run on a schedule, and I track each one. Read Tips For Getting the Best Deal at Ulta. See all Ulta articles. View my main page for the guide map to the site and deeper deal exploration.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links