I received my Sample bag and wanted to go over the contents while it is still available for those considering it. The promo code WATERWORKS gives a 12-piece sample bag with a $35 purchase. It is also available in store, but you will need to show a picture of the promo to the sales associate. The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel is deluxe sized, and the other 11 items are foils. This bag coincides with the 2x points event on skincare at Sephora. Ulta also celebrates skin in January with the Love Your Skin Event. If you happen upon this article after this offer expires, I keep a general listing of Sephora sample bags.
There are bloggers who calculate value on foils. Because I do not believe in assigning value to foils, I never do. Foils are a valuable tool in giving us access to new products and tiny travel friendly versions of ones we already know and love. They should always be free given their temporary packaging. I always calculate value on deluxe sizes. Some brands sell items in deluxe items and even if they don’t, there is actual value in a deluxe sample.
The items inside this sample bag are:
- 0.06oz foil First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer
- 0.05oz foil Glamglow Waterburst™ Hydrated Glow Moisturizer
- 0.4oz foil Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Mask
- 0.1oz foil Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
- 0.25oz foil Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
- 0.1oz foil Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
- 0.07oz foil Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Serum
- 0.06oz x 3 foil Bite Agave Lip Mask (Champagne, Natural, and Smashed)
- 0.03oz foil Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen
- 0.06oz foil fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream with Super 7 Complex
- 0.05oz x 3 foil Sephora Collection 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation (light 10, medium 25, and medium 33)
- 0.5oz Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel Mini ($5; sold in this size)
This promo code has a $5 value and the benefit of using whichever foils interest you. There are a couple I want to try and a few I already know and love. While I generally disagree with a $35 buy-in for a disposable bag of foils with one deluxe item, it is worth it if you want to place the order and cannot find anything better. It is also worth it if there is anything in here you really want to try. You could always order some of these samples during the selection period but even if you got any samples, they will probably not be the ones you ordered. The bag almost guarantees you a shot to try them.
What are your thoughts on the Sephora WATERWORKS Sample Bag? Let me know below. Sephora does not inform any Beauty Insider of all promotions. It does list a great deal of them on its Beauty Offers page, but I list some it does not on my Sephora Deals Page. Between the ones it lists and the ones I list, you can catch most of them. Subscribe to emails to get targeted offers. If you’re spending over $25 online, there is always a promo code that you can apply. Most major events run on a set schedule, which is why I track them. See all Sephora articles. Read Tips For Getting the Best Deal When Shopping Sephora. View my main page for the guide map to the site and deeper deal exploration.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links
I'm Kimberly. Shopping is always more fun when I've found the best deal available, so I am always on the hunt. My father instilled that in me, and I love that I carry a piece of him. Sometimes, my husband and sons (12 and 7) let me shop for them, too. They do not use as many beauty products as I do. We can all benefit from nice products, even though their routine ends with moisturizer. That is when I can convince my 12-year-old to apply it.