The Love Your Skin Event runs from 01/07/18 – 01/27/18. It features daily steals and promotions that run throughout the entire period. These 3-week long promotions are common for Ulta. Unlike The 21 Days of Beauty and the Gorgeous Hair Event (which are also 3-week long promotions), the Love Your Skin event only happens once a year. Every year, I hope they will offer this in July, but they have not done so yet. I have not given up hope that they will start offering this twice a year as they do with other major promotions. Although, winter skin does typically need more TLC, so I think January is the perfect month to host the event if it only happens once per year. An event schedule is available online.
With all the events at Ulta, it makes sense that some of them have to go back to back or even run concurrently. The Liter Sale started before this event, but it ends at the same time this event ends. Hitting the $50 free shipping minimum ($25 for Diamond members) is always easier when multiple promotions are running at the same time.
It was not advertised online, but Platinum members get free shipping with any steal. An email confirming the perk arrived 01/09/18, and I tested it with the $8.75 steal to confirm. This perk applied to the event last year as well. No other Platinum Perks have been announced. Although I have seen events without Platinum Perks, details may not come out until the day of the promotion. If any release, I will update this.
The Ulta Beauty Mix has information on skincare obsessions that is worth reading. A quiz to help find the skincare products suited for you has returned this year. It is useful for those wanting to try new products during the event without fear of mistakenly buying something not suited to their skin.
Ulta generally has a lot of repeats from past events, which is great for those who use the events to stock up on beloved products. It is not so great for those who hope to discover new things or hope their loves will join the event. There are 11 repeats from last year’s event, but others have appeared in other promotions. Don’t fret if something you wanted to repeat did not. Scroll down to the Hot Buys to see if it is there.
*All steals are in-store and online unless otherwise specified
Sunday, January 7th- 1oz Murad Environmental Shield Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum -$34.50 (50%off); 12 pads Exuviance Performance Peel AP25 (online only) -$38.50 (50% off).
Tuesday, January 9th- 3 pairs Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Eye Mask -$8.75 (50% off); 4.2oz Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover -$15 (50% off).
Wednesday, January 10th- 3oz Proactiv Skin Purifying Mask -$19 (50% off); StriVectin Power Starters Age-Fighting Trio (online only) -$42.50 (50% off); 8oz Organic to Green Coconut Oils (online only) – $21 (50% off).
Thursday, January 11th- 1.7oz Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Cream -$38 (49.3% off); PERRICONE MD PRE:EMPT SERIES The Travel Set (online only) -$34.50 (50% off).
Sunday, January 14th- 1oz bareMinerals SKINLONGEVITY Vital Power Infusion Serum -$19 (50% off); 1oz Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum (online only) -$59 (50% off).
Monday, January 15th- 1.7oz Origins Travel Size Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash -$6 (50% off); 1oz DERMABLEND Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation (online only) -$18.50 (50% off).
Tuesday, January 16th- 6.7oz Clinique For Men Charcoal Face Wash -$10 (50% off); 3.4oz Clinique For Men Face Scrub -$10.50 (50% off); 1oz CliniqueFIT Post-Workout Mattifying Moisturizer -$14.75 (50% off).
Wednesday, January 17th- No7 Protect Intense Advanced Serums -$15 (50% off); 4.2oz Estee Lauder Nutritious Radiant Vitality 2-in-1 Foam Cleanser (online only) -$15 (50% off); Skyn Iceland Face-Lift-In-A-Bag (online only) -$9.75.
Friday, January 19th- 5.1oz DERMALOGICA Antioxidant HydraMist -$21.50 (50% off); 0.85oz Julep Boost Your Radiance Reparative Rosehip Seed Facial Oil (online only) -$18 (50% off).
Sunday, January 21st- 1oz It Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer $24 (50% off); 60 Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads (online only) -$22.50 (50% off).
Monday, January 22nd- 2oz PERRICONE MD Face Finishing Moisturizer -$34.50 (50% off); 2oz PERRICONE MD Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint -$37.50 (50% off); 1oz DERMAdoctor Wrinkle Revenge Ultimate Hyaluronic Serum (online only) -$34 (50% off).
Tuesday, January 23rd- 0.5oz Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Eye Treatment -$25 (50% off); Meaningful Beauty Ultra Deluxe System (online only) -$39.50 (50% off).
Wednesday, January 24th- 8 pairs Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels -$15 (50% off); 4 pairs Skin Iceland Travel Size Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels -$7.50 (50% off); 3oz Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash (online only) -$8.75 (50% off); 9oz Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash (online only) -$17.50 (50% off); 1.7oz Real Chemistry Luminious 3 Minute Peel (online only) -$24 (50% off).
Friday, January 26th- 1.75oz Exuviance Age Reverse HydraFirm -$39 (50% off); 0.5oz Exuviance Age Reverse Eye Contour -$39.50 (50% off); 1oz Exuviance Age Reverse Total Correct + Sculpt Serum -$39.50 (50% off); Dermalogica Meet Dermalogica Kit (online only) -$15 (50% off).
-Receive a 26-piece skincare beauty bag with a $70 skincare purchase. Valid 01/07/18 through 01/27/18. Many of the items in this bag are steals in the Love Your Skin Event. If you get the bag before some of the steals post, I’d suggest trying them as soon as possible to see if you have any you want to purchase.
- First Aid Beauty Travel Size Facial Radiance Polish (1.0 oz)
- Mario Badescu Travel Size Cucumber Cleansing Lotion (1.0 oz)
- IT Cosmetics Confidence In A Cleanser Mini (0.6 oz)
- Dermablend Setting Powder Mini (0.18 oz)
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer Mini (0.25 oz)
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Booster Serum Mini (0.26 oz)
- Exuviance Evening Restorative Complex Mini (0.35 oz)
- LashFood Conditioning Collagen Lash Primer Mini (0.14 oz)
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant Mini (0.14 oz)
- Murad Multi-Vitamin Infusion Oil Sample (0.1 oz)
- Dermadoctor KP Duty High Potency Body Peel Resurface & Quench Packettes (0.2 oz each)
- Elizabeth Arden Advanced Ceramide Capsules (2 ct)
- Philosophy Hope In A Jar Refreshing & Refining Moisturizer Packette (0.07 oz)
- Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched Cream Packette (0.05 oz)
- Nyakio Kenyan Coffee Face Polish Packette (0.16 oz)
- Skin Laundry Hydrating Cream Face Wash Packette (0.07 oz)
- Peter Thomas Roth Hyaluronic Cloud Cream Hydrating Moisturizer Packette (0.068 oz)
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer Packette (0.07 oz)
- Perricone MD Cold Plasma Face Advanced Serum Concentrate Packette (0.07 oz)
- StriVectin Intensive Eye Concentrate For Wrinkles Packette (0.03 oz)
- Tarte Maracuja C-Brightener Eye Treatment Packette (0.07 oz)
- Hey Honey Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum Packette (0.07 oz)
- Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intesive Eye Contour Cream Packette (0.05 oz)
- Clinique Fit Post-Workout Mattifying Moisturizer (0.03 oz)
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm Packette (0.016 oz)
- Clarins Double Serum Hydric + Lipidic System Packette (0.03 oz)
This event includes 5 skincare samplers:
This kit is $30 but discounts to $15 during the event
- Exuviance Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish (0.35 oz)
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner (1.0 oz)
- Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer (0.25 oz)
- Goodal Moisture Barrier Eye Cream (0.16 oz)
- Murad Age Reform Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture (0.25 oz)
- Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Purifying Cleansing Gel (1.0 oz)
- Juice Beauty GREEN APPLE Age Defy Moisturizer (0.5 oz)
- Nyakio Maracuja & Yangu Soothing Oil (0.15 oz)
- StriVectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate For Wrinkles & Stretch Marks (0.35 oz)
- $5 Ulta Gift Card on sampled brands only
This kit is $30 but discounts to $15 during the event
- Clarins Super Total Restorative Eye Concentrate (0.1 oz)
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream (1.0 oz)
- Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar Moisturizer (0.25 oz)
- DERMAdoctor’s Kakadu C Intensive Vitamin C Peel Pad with Ferulic Acid & Vitamin E (3 ct)
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser (1.0 oz)
- Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer (0.33 oz)
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant (0.45 oz)
- Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer (0.5 oz)
- Skyn Iceland Blemish Dots with Salicylic Acid (1 sheet)
- $5 Ulta Gift Card on sampled brands only
Men’s Skincare Sampler ($9.99)
- Anthony Exfoliating & Cleansing Bar (1.0 oz.)
- Clinique For Men Maximum Hydrator Activated Water-Gel Concentrate (0.24 oz.)
- Jack Black Supreme Cream Triple Cushion Shave Lather (0.5 oz.)
- Jack Black Turbo Wash Energizing Cleanser (0.5 oz.)
- Lab Series Skincare for Men Cooling Shave Cream (1.0 oz.)
- Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel (1.0 oz.)
- Shaveworks The Cool Fix Targeted Gel Lotion (1.0 oz.)
- The Art of Shaving The Unscented Pre-Shave Oil packette (0.1 oz.)
- The Art of Shaving The Unscented Shaving Cream (0.1 oz.)
- The Art of Shaving The Unscented After-Shave Balm (0.1 oz.)
- Ulta $5 gift card on sampled brands only
Must Have Masks Try Me Sampler ($9.99)
- Formula 10. 0.6 Be Berry Bright Exfoliating Mud Mask (1.0 oz)
- SheaMoisture Daily Hydration Milk Mask (0.5 oz)
- Freeman Beauty Infusion Cleansing Clay Mask (0.5 oz)
- Ulta Beauty Pollution Defense Pomegranate Peel of Mask (0.52 oz)
- Vichy Pore Defining Mask (0.5 oz)
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer Monoi Oil (2.0 oz)
- La Roche-Posay Micellar Water for Sensitive Skin (1.69 oz)
- CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (3.0 oz)
- Pacifica Kale Detox Deep Cleansing Face Wash (0.50 oz
- No7 Restore & Renew Face & Neck Multiaction Serum (0.16 oz)
- Ulta Beauty Makeup Remover Facial Towelettes (5 ct)
Hot Buys run throughout the event (while supplies last). A lot of items in these offers were steals from previous events. Though the discount is not as good as last year, it means the deeply discounted deals available actually top 11 (the amount of steal repeats).
The Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Serum actually has a better price this year than it did last year when it was an official steal.
While a restock on Hot Buys that run out-of-stock early in the event is possible, it is not likely. Try to get these earlier in the event.
A lot of brands will offer special gifts with purchase while supplies last during the event.
Select members get 5x points on all services (salon, Dermalogica Skin Treatments, and Benefit Brow Bar) from 01/07/18 through 02/03/18. This is a targeted offer this year so activate it from your email or your account screen. There will be express skin treatments that qualify for this promotion. The 10-minute FaceFit Facial for $10 returned this year. All guests also get 25% off all full-service skin treatments through 02/03/18.
Reviews of steal products I’ve tried and links are to more detailed articles about the product (if available):
Pur Cosmetics HydroGel Lift has a wonderful cooling effect. I do not notice much difference with undereye creasing, but I do like anything that gives me more moisture.
Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel works extremely well. The peel is gentle so it never gets stuck to the baby hairs on my face. My skin feels really soft so I know it works.
Lancome BiFacil is my all-time favorite eye makeup remover. It gets everything off without burning and leaves my eyes feeling soft. The softness is from the oil. If oil around your eyes bothers you, don’t get this.
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Anti-Wrinkle Overnight Cream smells odd, but it is a decent moisturizer. I cannot say it is one I would buy again, but I would use it again if I received it.
Clarisonic Mia 1 Skin Cleansing System is not the specific model I own. I do own the Plus and the Pedi. I love my Clarisonic in moderation. My skin does not like too much exfoliation, so I use it a lot less than recommended.
First Aid Beauty FAB Faves to Go is a nice set. There is nothing I dislike in it. I love the moisturizer. It is thick and wonderful for dry skin, like mine. The wipes do exfoliate but I am not a huge fan of the urine scent. This is a simple face wash, so I do not think it is worth the price. When I can get it for a deal in a kit or a set, I am happy.
No7 Advanced Serum (the sample I tried was not big enough to see how well this worked, but it seemed nice). I may purchase it at some point to give it a decent try if I cannot get a bigger sample first.
Tarte Maracuja Oil (it is hydrating when used with most face creams. There are some creams it cannot penetrate, so I need to switch the application order. This is not my favorite oil, but it works nicely most of the time. I do not get excess breakouts when using it, but I have dry skin).
It Cosmetics No. 50 Serum Collagen Veil Anti-Aging Primer is a primer I adore. It is still the best one I’ve ever tried. The pump is awful and wastes a lot of product. For this price, I will scoop it out again. My skin looks smooth and feels great with this.
Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels soothing. I am finally starting to notice a difference in my eye appearance if I use them when my bags are heavy and will be updating this on my next review.
Real Chemistry Lumionus 3 Minute Peel is my all time favorite peel. It makes my skin so soft. The only downside is it does grab baby hairs on the face as it works its magic. I will definitely buy this. Whenever this is a sample choice at Birchbox, I get it. This is a January 2018 sample choice, so I have a mini on its way to me now.
StriVectin Neck Cream (I really do love this and having a separate cream is a reminder not to forget your neck).
Mario Badescu Whitening Mask makes my face so bright. It dries out a little fast but totally worth the gamble at this price.
I highly recommend studying the online brochure, because it lists all products (including items added after the catalog printed and items that are available online only). UltaMate members should also get a physical copy in the mail (that includes items for sale in-store and online). It is a good idea to plan your purchases ahead of time, so you are ready to strike the moment the deal releases. Ulta runs on Central time, so daily steals are available right at 10pm PST. That usually means steals from the previous day disappear right at 10pm PST. If you’re up past 10pm PST, that is the best time to order (unless you’re waiting to see if a Beauty Break or new gift releases in the morning). While the deals have run a little over, Ulta usually cut them off right on time. The best deals are usually gone when you wake up in the morning from people who started shopping right as the day switched over, so plan strategically. Waiting for the Beauty Break announcement with popular steals will usually backfire.
Rules for the sale. Ulta says each person can only purchase two of each steal. Placing multiple online orders (if the system prevents you from adding more than 2 of one item in a single order) or picking up in person usually gets around the limit. Although I’ve only ever received two at a time, I’ve missed out on Too Faced Sweethearts Blush and tarte Bronzer on days I saw multiple people buying more than two. Some stores may hold customers to the limit, but my store clearly does not. The most important rule is steals are 24 hours only and while supplies last. If they sell out in 10 minutes, that is it. You will not get a rain check and can only hope the deal you missed will repeat in the next event. Many deals repeat but plenty do not.
There are other promotions available in addition to the event. Sephora will also be announcing their skincare point promotion sometime in January. It is the month for skin, and with winter in full-swing, I cannot think of a better time to improve your skincare routine.
What are your thoughts on the Love Your Skin Event? Let me know below. Targeted Offers are exclusive to UltaMate Rewards Members, so I do recommend joining. Whenever there is an exclusive or unique Ulta Beauty offer, I will note that above. An advanced breakdown on Earning and Redeeming Points can help you maximize the UltaMate Rewards Program. Coupons are almost always available. I go over all types of Ulta coupons and track 20% off prestige coupons. Remember to check my Ulta Deals page before placing an online order for possible exclusives and advice. There are always general and brand specific offers I do not list, so check the GWP section of the Ulta site as well. Ulta encourages deal stacking. Most major events run on a schedule, and I track each one. Read Tips For Getting the Best Deal at Ulta. See all Ulta articles. View my main page for the guide map to the site and deeper deal exploration.
Disclosure: Affiliate Links
I'm Kimberly. Shopping is always more fun when I've found the best deal available, so I am always on the hunt. My father instilled that in me, and I love that I carry a piece of him. Sometimes, my husband and sons (12 and 7) let me shop for them, too. They do not use as many beauty products as I do. We can all benefit from nice products, even though their routine ends with moisturizer. That is when I can convince my 12-year-old to apply it.